cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clairehola016
Regular Visitor

HELP! Building a flow that sends email with changes in SQL

HI all, I am stuck trying to build a flow that sends email to the customers when their status is changed on SQL server. 

This is what I have now: 

Untitled.png

Untitled-2.png

What I need is to "send a welcome email to customers whose status on "isMigrated" changed from 0 to 1" Does this look right? I am worried that this means the email will be sent to everyone whenever there is a change on the table, when really I am only trying to send an email to those whose status have changed....any help would be appreciated, I've only built super simply flows before so anything will help! 

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
chsanche
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @clairehola016 

You current Flow contains 2 triggers, Recurrence and When an item is modified, the Flows can only have 1 trigger at a time. In this case, you can remove the Recurrence and the Flow is going to trigger on the modification of the records.

Best Regards,

If this post helps you give a :thumbs_up: and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution

@chsanche Thank you so much for your help! I am also wondering if the condition set here is correct? Does this mean that the email will only be sent to those whose status changed instead of everyone? 

Thanks!

MayT3

Hi!

i am trying to do the same as you, but I am working with two tables, one is called “comments” and the other one is called “tickets”, in the comments table I have the ticket ID and the user who created the record; on the tickets table I have ticket ID and the user who created the ticket, I would like to send an email to te person who created the ticket (tickets table) every time a new entry in the comments table is created, using the matching ticket ID, could you please advise how I can achieve this? Also, I am not getting dynamic content enabled, I believe this could be an issue while tryin to pull data from the DB

23F76684-46BE-4B5D-B3EC-D70A83C88E70.jpeg

 Thank you!

Hi!

i am trying to do the same as clairehola016, but I am working with two tables, one is called “comments” and the other one is called “tickets”, in the comments table I have the ticket ID and the user who created the record; on the tickets table I have ticket ID and the user who created the ticket, I would like to send an email to te person who created the ticket (tickets table) every time a new entry in the comments table is created, using the matching ticket ID, could you please advise how I can achieve this? Also, I am not getting dynamic content enabled, I believe this could be an issue while tryin to pull data from the DB

E40CDC65-C456-43E2-9F96-9ECD5B5B6E66.jpeg

 Thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Users online (62,309)