cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mhannaway
Level: Powered On

HELP! Export emails with "DO UNTIL" a value is changed to Closed

Hi there, 

I am in need of some assistance. I have successfully created an approval workflow, which once approved, would then create a folder and copy another folder items into that folder. 

The next stage of the flow is to export emails when they arrive in a shared mailbox into that specific folder. I have managed to do this, but unsure how to program the DO UNTIL function so that it continues to export any emails in the shared mailbox, until a value in this specific list item is updated to CLOSED. Can anyone help me achieve this. 

screencapture-australia-flow-microsoft-manage-environments-Default-7e872209-f70b-4578-a799-08a7cf038275-flows-shared-521cb97b-42ce-4639-9123-dd2c970e0493-2019-09-17-13_14_41.png

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HELP! Export emails with "DO UNTIL" a value is changed to Closed

Hi @mhannaway ,

There are multiple Apply to each in your configuration, and the Export email action is located in these Apply to each, so it will determine the number of times the Export email action needs to be executed according to the number of items obtained by Get items.

You need to try to optimize this structure. And I think adding two triggers in Flow is not recommended, you can try to split this Flow into two Flows to achieve your needs.

Please provide more details about your needs so that we can provide the appropriate workaround.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mhannaway
Level: Powered On

Re: HELP! Export emails with "DO UNTIL" a value is changed to Closed

Thanks for your feedback barry. Basically what I am trying to achieve is to ensure every email that comes through in a shared inbox with a specific reference number in the subject line matches the reference number in the folder created and therefore exports and creates it in that specific folder. 

I'm thinking theres got to be an easier way in a seperate flow to export the file, but how do I ensure, it goes into a specific folder containing the same reference ID, if its in a seperate flow (how will it pick up the reference number?). 

Any thoughts would be highly appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,918)