cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tmoney_87
Frequent Visitor

HELP PLEASE -Planner tasks into different bucket.

Hi,

I created a flow that is triggered by a form submission. The data submitted will be the name of the bucket and tasks are generated from an excel spreadsheet. The are tasks repeated each time a form is submitted. So the same tasks are generated into each new bucket.   What is the best way to complete this flow without any issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tmoney_87 

please see the following as an idea on how to complete this:

MarvinBangert_0-1641800666623.png

The flow triggers when a new Forms is submitted. This just triggers the flow, but you need to get the information from the Form using "Get response details". Afterwards you can create your bucket using the dynamic value from your Form. Afterwards you need the information from your excel file using "List rows present in a table" (make sure you format your information as a table in your excel worksheet). Using the apply to each on the excel values (like on each row within the excel table) to create a task within the new created bucket from above (using dynamic value again). To add more information please consider to use "Update task details" after "create a task" but within your "apply to each".

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
MarvinBangert
Super User
Super User

Hi @Tmoney_87 

please see the following as an idea on how to complete this:

MarvinBangert_0-1641800666623.png

The flow triggers when a new Forms is submitted. This just triggers the flow, but you need to get the information from the Form using "Get response details". Afterwards you can create your bucket using the dynamic value from your Form. Afterwards you need the information from your excel file using "List rows present in a table" (make sure you format your information as a table in your excel worksheet). Using the apply to each on the excel values (like on each row within the excel table) to create a task within the new created bucket from above (using dynamic value again). To add more information please consider to use "Update task details" after "create a task" but within your "apply to each".

Does this help you? Otherwise please give me some more information.

Best regards
Marvin

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. If it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users to find it.

Blog: Cloudkumpel

Tmoney_87
Frequent Visitor

Hey, thank you that worked.

Hi Marvin,

What would be the best way to create each checklist from the task that is generated. Each task card has different checklist items that are coming from a second spreadsheet. I've tried it the way you described it in your first response the checklist showed but the same for each task. Does that make sense? I can send images if needed.

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (2,096)