cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
wcsmith
Level: Powered On

HELP Please!! Copy specific excel file when modified and create file in One Drive or Sharepoint

I have a folder in a network drive that receives multiple output files every day.  Over 100 files are listed in this folder and they are overwritten daily.

I want Flow to only trigger if 1 specific excel file is modified (ignoring all other files in the folder).  Once the file has a new modified date...flow will copy the file and create the file on either onedrive or sharepoint so I can hit it with Power BI.  I'm literally just wanting to copy the file and place it in a different location.

I've already installed the on-prem gateway and connected to the file system.  Everything shows connected.  Flow was able to find the folder that stores the file and I was able to get it to create a file in one drive, but it is not copying the contents of the file.  It says the array is empty and the files won't open in one drive.  Also...I haven't seen where I can specifically look for 1 file to be modified.  The trigger just says 'any' files are modified.

I couldn't find anyone that's trying to do something like this...and I know this is probably extremely basic.  I've just hit a brick wall..so any help is greatly appreciated!!

This example...I'm just using my local 'documents' folder to learn the process.

Screen Shot 2018-08-18 at 9.09.24 AM.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
wcsmith

Re: HELP Please!! Copy specific excel file when modified and create file in One Drive or Sharepoint

I figured it out.  It was a simple setting adjustment in my gateway file path.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
wcsmith

Re: HELP Please!! Copy specific excel file when modified and create file in One Drive or Sharepoint

I figured it out.  It was a simple setting adjustment in my gateway file path.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,670)