Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jspeer1
Helper II
Helper II

HELP - SharePoint: Automation of Task (ticket) Assignation

Hi all,

I'm finally getting closer to finishing up a project I've been working on for a while with Flow and Sharepoint but I'm missing my last essential step and was wondering if my awesome idea has any way to be implemented.

I've built a list app using a slightly modified version of one of the built in ones where I have a tracker of some sorts for my service desk. It'll populate tickets (automatically) in chronological order as they hit our Team, populate other data such as short description, priority, region, time, etc.

Our queue manager would then focus on the Assigned To column and assign the ticket manually to someone on the team. This then triggers a Teams message with an adaptive card that is sent to the agent notifying him he has a new ticket and needs to get to work.

sp33.png

Thing is, I'm wondering if it's possible at all to automate the assigning of tickets. I understand this might be difficult to build but implementing this would essentially make the entire process automated, from when a ticket hits our queue, to the assigning part, to the notification that's sent to the agent using the adaptive Teams card.

I have no idea how to go about it but I'd need to take into accountability the agent's schedules to know when they are available or not. Ideally if agents are available, it would assign tickets and distribute them equally - in other words, try to keep them evenly spread out.

General logic:

If one user is not available (off shift) --> find next available user --> calculate amount of assigned tickets that day(in respect to others) --> assign new ticket  --> repeat.

Is there at all any way I can implement that as well as finding a way to upload or have the app read their schedules to determine availability?

Thanks in advance 🙂

EDIT: I can use something like Excel to have their schedules in there and have SharePoint reach out to it? Not sure, just crossed my mind though.

2 REPLIES 2
v-litu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Jspeer1,

I think you could create a Flow that send email when the assign to column has a value, please refer to this post:

Solved: Send email when column value has changed - Power Platform Community (microsoft.com)

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Lin Tu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

bump.

Thanks but that has nothing to do with what I'm looking for. 

I'm trying to automate the assignation of the tasks.

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,103)