cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thuff
Helper I
Helper I

HTML Table - Formatting and condition based icon

I have a list that I am spooling out to email via flow to give an update to various stakeholders and while the pure table output looks fine, I feel it is time for a little style. Instead of the email looking like the following

Project   Start Stop Owner Status Update

XX StartX StopX OwnerX StatusX Update
YY StartY StopY OwnerY StatusY Update

I would really like to generate something similar to the this (for each record)

Project: XStart: X StartStop: X StopOwner: X ownerStatus: Icon representing X's Status
Update: X Update
(just some space for visual aesthetic)  
Project:Start: Y StartStop: Y StopOwner: Y OwnerStatus: Icon representing Y's Status
Update: Y Update

I can get close but I continually am having challenges with the following

1. an icon based on the status (e.g. "On track" would be a thumbs up icon, "In Trouble" would be a warning icon, "Stalled" would be a red alert icon, etc)

2. The actual structure of that target table. Making "update text" appear as one large cell underneath the above individual cells is a real pain. realistically, the cells in the first row would all be uniquely sized to have a real tailored look). In fact, The colspan doesn't even work in this editor so maybe it just won't work? I don't know, I could use some help

3. Borders. Because I am looking to make the target table render for each record in my list, i feel it makes sense to have a nice thin boarder around it. I really wanted radius corners but I can't get CSS to work at all (even with improper formatting #2 above) so I am kind of thinking that I am stuck with sharp corners) - if I am wrong please let me know

Any thoughts how I would go about #1,2,& 3 above? Minimally its #1 & #2 however #3 would be really smooth.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thuff ,

Hope the link below could be your reference:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-format-html-table-using-microsoft-flow-and-s...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alzhan-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @thuff ,

Hope the link below could be your reference:

https://www.c-sharpcorner.com/article/how-to-create-and-format-html-table-using-microsoft-flow-and-s...

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

This was helpful. thank you

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Users online (2,671)