Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NativeNass
Helper IV
Helper IV

HTML Table formatting issues

Hi all

I am currently experiencing an issue concerning a flow which at the end, sends an email to a couple of users with data based on a Sharepoint Online list.

NativeNass_0-1638296463570.png

I cannot seem to get my headers in the first columns, and the corresponding values in the second column.

This is a Single Record table so I only need 2 columns.

Picture of the flow:

NativeNass_1-1638296607823.pngNativeNass_2-1638296694774.pngNativeNass_3-1638296733243.png

The output from the "Compose HTML Table with internal CSS" is the output that I use in my email message.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
NativeNass
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @PatrickMSFT 

Thank you for the response to my email, I Think I found the solution.

I compose like this: 

NativeNass_0-1641402612403.png

Then I add some CSS styling and i simply put this output in the end

NativeNass_1-1641402657890.png

And if I put this in an email, I get the following result:

NativeNass_2-1641402687003.png

So now I just have to adjust the colors each row and then my problem should be fixed.

I would like to thank you for your help in this

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PatrickMSFT
Community Support
Community Support

NativeNass,

These issues can be kind of tricky as they're often pretty unique. I set up a Flow using your snapshots, except for I didn't include the "Get image from Document Library for email" step, and this is what I'm getting in email...

PatrickMSFT_0-1638542528805.png

My Select Columns step is also using dynamic content based on the updates made in the previous Update Item step, which is why you see these "+Edit" values in here. I don't see your email step but I'm also using the output from the Compose step. The Flow logic seems to be working as far as I can tell.

What are you experiencing when you send out these emails? What do the Outputs look like in your email step?

NativeNass
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @PatrickMSFT 

First of all, thank you for your response.

Well in my email, the table looks the same, but is it possible to make it so it only inlcudes 2 column?

The headers in column 1 and the info in column 2 ?

Like this

Client Name | ClientName6+Edit

Legal Form   | LegalForm6+Edit

Relationship | Relationship6+Edit

Since it is always a table that is generated from a single Sharepoint list record.

Otherwise it's a very wide column since the orientation is horizontal at the moment.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

PatrickMSFT
Community Support
Community Support

NativeNass,

Pardon the delay, good to hear from you! Ah, I see you mentioning the 2 column point in your initial verbiage...somehow missed that. This added clarification still helps!

I'm sure there are many ways of doing this but my first thought offhand, you could set up the HTML in the email step entirely. With the current logic, where we're just piping the output into the email body, there's not much else you can do.

For example (and note, I'm in Code View by clicking that </> symbol)...

PatrickMSFT_0-1639148023920.png

I'm keeping this really simple just to illustrate, it looks like you're savvier with HTML than I am. Obviously you could go in and add your CSS, etc. to format this much better.

Hi @PatrickMSFT 

Thank you for the response, well I actually have little to no experience in HTML, all just some basic research and copy/paste.

The problem with this is that there is not an actual "table" experience 🙂

I do would like to thank you for your input. In case nothing else works, I will need to have to implement this workaround.

Kind regards

PatrickMSFT
Community Support
Community Support

NativeNass,

I've worked with the HTML on this a bit more, I think coding directly in the email step is the way to go. I recently did a test with this code...

PatrickMSFT_0-1640184075890.png

And the email seems to be off to a good start...

PatrickMSFT_1-1640184124345.png

I hope this helps!

NativeNass
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @PatrickMSFT 

Thank you for the response to my email, I Think I found the solution.

I compose like this: 

NativeNass_0-1641402612403.png

Then I add some CSS styling and i simply put this output in the end

NativeNass_1-1641402657890.png

And if I put this in an email, I get the following result:

NativeNass_2-1641402687003.png

So now I just have to adjust the colors each row and then my problem should be fixed.

I would like to thank you for your help in this

Helpful resources

Announcements
2022 Release Wave 1 760x460.png

2022 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April 2022 through September 2022.

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,554)