cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Colin_Davis
Level: Powered On

HTML to Text Formatting issue

I am building a flow that will save emails along with attachments to my OneDrive when an email is flagged.

Everything is working great except the HTML to Text conversion. Its not keeping any of the formatting of the email. Its all jumbeled up into a paragraph mess. Is there anyway to do this without a subscription or account we a third party? Thanks in advance 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Colin_Davis

Re: HTML to Text Formatting issue

For anyone that finds this thread I was able to find something the helped out and works great. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/save-email-as-pdf/td-p/109005

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Colin_Davis

For anyone that finds this thread I was able to find something the helped out and works great. 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/save-email-as-pdf/td-p/109005

View solution in original post

am345357

Hello,

I have same issue. I want to convert email text (may be in Rich text or HTML) to plain text and send to sQL for inserting records. I have used "HTML To Plain text connector" and it display content with formatting into variable. But when I am assigning same variable to SQL stored procedure, there it shows "\n" in place of paragraphs. Also all spacing is killed. Do you have any suggestion to counter that?

Appreciated in advance.

Colin_Davis

I would think that the issue would be in how the SQL is intrepreting what is being inserted, but I have not tried to insert text from an email into and SQL database. Sorry I could not be more help.

am345357

Thanks Colin, appreciate your response.

I figured out the solution last night. Actually, Htm to plain text is converting email with Char(10) in that. I pass entire email content (after Html to text) to SQL and in SQL I replace Char(10) to Char(10) + Char(13). After that result comes as expected. So all good now.

Thanks again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Power Platform Online Conference

Speakers, submit your sessions now! Call for speakers ends Feb. 10!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,419)