cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ms-at-st

HTMLtoText cuts off after 256 characters

Hello everybody,

I'm trying to build a very simple flow that posts into an MS Teams channel when an email is received in the inbox. Because this inbox receives emails from mostly inside the company where we all use the same email signature, I wanted to remove it using a variant of this solution. Basically, the body of the email is converted to plain text, the position of the starting characters of the signature is found, and everything beyond that is cut off.

However, I've run into a problem: The first step, HTMLtoText, only processes the first 256 characters and outputs those in plain text. So if the body of the email is longer than that, the starting characters of the signature are never found, resulting in the code for finding them returning -1, which in turn derails the entire flow.

I couldn't find anything about a 256 character limit in HTMLtoText on the official documentation or on this forum. So can anyone tell me why the text is cut at that precise mark? And can I do anything about that?

Thanks!

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (2,533)