cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pladavm
Level 8

HTTP Connection in API Fields

Hi All, I am having trouble understanding how to use the HTTP connector. I am able to obtain an output however the output is not formatted properly to identify the relevant fields. The response is altogether as follows:

"<Response api-method="List"><Status>OK</Status><Clients><Client><ID>14168610</ID><Name>Removed</Name><Title>MS</Title><Gender>F</Gender><FirstName>Removed</FirstName><LastName>Removed</LastName><DateOfBirth>1976-09-28T00:00:00</DateOfBirth><Address>Remove</Address><City>MAYFIELD</City><Region>NSW</Region><PostCode>2304</PostCode><Country>Australia</Country><PostalAddress>"

However usually the body output looks like this:

{
  "@odata.context""https://excelconnectionprovider-australiaeast.sy3-ase-001.p.azurewebsites.net/$metadata#datasets('01RYUO2IJLHAKFZKE4HVDZZPCB7MIK5P6T')/tables('Table1')/items",
  "value": [
    {
      "@odata.etag""",
      "ItemInternalId""6tY2pANG_EM",
      "Sender_x0020_Name""removed ",
      "Sender_x0020_Email""removed",
      "Category""Yes",
      "__PowerAppsId__""6tY2pANG_EM"
    },

How do I get the HTTP connect to present an array output in a format such as:
 {
Client
Field: Value
/Client

Client

/Client
    }

As opposed to what I am currently getting which is "client field: value field: value /client client field: value field: value /client"

What are the Headers? What is the Key & Value? Do I need to include something in here to get the proper formatting on the output?

flow http.png

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP Connection in API Fields

Hi @pladavm,

Could you please show full details about the output that your HTTP action returned?

Do you want to format the response as an array output?

You could consider take a try to add a json object within Body field of HTTP action as below:17.JPG

Within Body field, type the following formula:

{
"Clients": [
                {
                   "ID": "Client ID1",
                   "Name": "Client Name",
                   "Title": "Client Title1",
                   "Gender":"Gender1",
"Field Name": "Field Value" }, { "ID":"Client ID2", "Name": "Client Name2", "Title": "Client Title2", "Gender": "Gender2",
"Field Name": "Field Value" } ] }

Note: Within Field Value, you could set example value, it is not necessary to be set a specific value.

Best regards,

Kris 

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
pladavm
Level 8

Thank you @v-xida-msft do I need to do something different if the HTTP is a Trigger GET request? I seem to be getting this error message:

BadRequest. The provided 'Http' trigger inputs are not valid. A request body must not be included for 'GET' requests.

pladavm
Level 8

Hi @v-xida-msft here is example data which is only sample data (not real). How do I define this to present Array Output? Specifically when we get to the Account Manager heading (it seems to be second category heading?) 

<Client><ID>14221229</ID><Name>PLAUT, DAVID MATTHEW</Name><Title>MR</Title><Gender>M</Gender><FirstName>DAVID</FirstName><LastName>SMITH</LastName><OtherName>MATTHEW</OtherName><Email>PLADAVM@GMAIL.COM</Email><DateOfBirth>1985-06-19T00:00:00</DateOfBirth><Address>26b Bertram St </Address><City>DIANELLA</City><Region>WA</Region><PostCode>6059</PostCode><Country>Australia</Country><PostalAddress></PostalAddress><PostalCity></PostalCity><PostalRegion></PostalRegion><PostalPostCode></PostalPostCode><PostalCountry></PostalCountry><Phone>0422077992</Phone><Fax></Fax><Website></Website><ReferralSource></ReferralSource><ExportCode></ExportCode><IsProspect>No</IsProspect><IsArchived>No</IsArchived><IsDeleted>No</IsDeleted><AccountManager><ID>541415</ID><Name>David Plaut</Name></AccountManager><JobManager><ID>541415</ID><Name>David Plaut</Name></JobManager><TaxNumber>389 966 541</TaxNumber><CompanyNumber></CompanyNumber><BusinessNumber></BusinessNumber><BranchNumber>1</BranchNumber><BusinessStructure>Individual</BusinessStructure><GSTRegistered>No</GSTRegistered><PrepareGST>No</PrepareGST><SignedTaxAuthority>Yes</SignedTaxAuthority><TaxAgent>Poetic Reports Pty Ltd</TaxAgent><AgencyStatus>Unlinked</AgencyStatus><PrepareActivityStatement>No</PrepareActivityStatement><PrepareTaxReturn>Yes</PrepareTaxReturn><BankBSB>999177</BankBSB><BankAccountName>DAVID SMITH</BankAccountName><BankAccountNumber>39987755</BankAccountNumber><BankName>ING</BankName><ActiveAtoClient>Yes</ActiveAtoClient><Contacts /><UUID>8f5ac891-dd83-412f-8c28-a548670d14b1</UUID></Client><Client><ID>14221197</ID><Name>Poetic Reports Pty Ltd</Name><Email>davidplaut@wlas.com.au</Email><Address>16b Perth St </Address><City>PERTH</City><Region>WA</Region><PostCode>6000</PostCode><Country>Australia</Country><PostalAddress></PostalAddress><PostalCity></PostalCity><PostalRegion></PostalRegion><PostalPostCode></PostalPostCode><PostalCountry></PostalCountry><Phone>0400999112</Phone><Fax></Fax><Website></Website><ReferralSource></ReferralSource><ExportCode></ExportCode><IsProspect>No</IsProspect><IsArchived>No</IsArchived><IsDeleted>No</IsDeleted><AccountManager><ID>541415</ID><Name>David Plaut</Name></AccountManager><JobManager><ID>541415</ID><Name>David Plaut</Name></JobManager><TaxNumber>477 844 626</TaxNumber><CompanyNumber>668 999 531</CompanyNumber><BusinessNumber>72 699 888 599</BusinessNumber><BranchNumber>1</BranchNumber><BusinessStructure>Company</BusinessStructure><BalanceMonth>6</BalanceMonth><GSTRegistered>No</GSTRegistered><PrepareGST>No</PrepareGST><SignedTaxAuthority>Yes</SignedTaxAuthority><TaxAgent>Poetic Reports Pty Ltd</TaxAgent><AgencyStatus>Unlinked</AgencyStatus><PrepareActivityStatement>No</PrepareActivityStatement><PrepareTaxReturn>Yes</PrepareTaxReturn><ActiveAtoClient>Yes</ActiveAtoClient><Contacts /><UUID>86ecab10-3a92-447e-ac08-c97060c611fd</UUID></Client>

Also noting at the very beginning before listing all the client details it has <Response api-method="List"><Status>OK</Status><Clients> and at the very end is has </Clients>

pladavm
Level 8

Do you think I need to use a formula called "xpath"? @v-xida-msftSee this article: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Using-xPath-on-an-HTTP-xml-body/td-p/73531

I tired to work out the xpath formula but having difficulty. Can you help? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 312 members 4,564 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: