cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ivan_wilson
Level: Powered On

HTTP POST action is timing out in Flow but not in other platforms

I'm using the DocuSign APIs to submit data using Microsoft Flow. One of the operations involves submitting base-64 encoded documents. The body is 12 MB in size. This is timing out after 2 minutes. All of the retries also fail after 2 minutes.

If I send the same message via Postman, it succeeds after 57 seconds. 

Why would it take so much longer from Flow? I can see some operations yesterday that succeeded, but time out if I resubmit today.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: HTTP POST action is timing out in Flow but not in other platforms

Hi @ivan_wilson,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Please check if you have set up time out for the "HTTP" action within your flow.

In addition, please also check if the Authentication Token (Access Token) to your DocuSign API has been expired within the "HTTP" action of your flow, if yes, please re-generate a new access token on your side and try your flow again to check if the issue is solved.

You could also take a try to clear cache of your browser and re-create your flow to check if the issue is solved.

More details about generating a Access Token to your DocuSign API, please check the following article:

https://developers.docusign.com/esign-rest-api/code-examples/config-and-auth

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
ivan_wilson
Level: Powered On

Re: HTTP POST action is timing out in Flow but not in other platforms

I've checked the authentication access token and it is valid. 

According to https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/limits-and-config the timeout is set to 120 seconds, which is what I am experiencing. I believe you can set a maximum duration for an asynchronous pattern, but this does not affect the timeout for a single request.

It looks like requests from Flow take much longer than requests from my computer. 

I have rerun the same Flow today and it completed prior to the timeout. However, it will be challenging if requests from Flow regularly time out.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 307 members 6,242 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: