Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tiprat
Level: Powered On

HTTP POST request error: invalid_client_id

Hi

I am running a HTTP POST action from MS Flow to get a bearer token from a Salesforce app:

Bearer.PNG

but it always fails with the following error: "request error: invalid_client_id"

I have checked & rechecked all the id's & secrets etc and they are all correct, if I make the call via Postman it all works as expected but using exactly the same parameters in Flow, it fails.

Guessing there is a subtle change needed somewhere to get it working in MS Flow?

Any help appreciated !

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
SamPo
Level 10

Re: HTTP POST request error: invalid_client_id

@tiprat I see you're making calls to Saleforce.

Have you tried using the pre-built Salesforce connector? We use it for a number of flows and it is definitely one of the richest connectors today in Flow in terms of the different methods you can use and objects you can access.

I would highly recommend try using that instead of writing your own calls and this should solve any issues.

This is one of the few cases where its better just to start in Flow and not build it in Postman beforehand.

Hope this helps,

Sam

tiprat
Level: Powered On

Hi

Yeah SF connector works well, just wondering more in principle why it fails in Flow when works in other applications etc & best way to troubleshoot these issues when seem specific to Flow.

Cheers

SamPo
Level 10

@tiprat I would suggest the following.

Create a new flow with a trigger of 'when HTTP record is received'

From Postman, take the flow that works with Salesforce and change the URL to the endpoint of the new flow you set up

Then check the log runs from the new flow and take a look at the output values of the HTTP trigger. There you will see the exact values that are actually sent by Postman and you should be able to copy them to your original flow that you are trying to connect to SF.

Hope this helps

Sam

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,076)