cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

HTTP Request Response to Powerapp using JSON - missing status code and body of response

Hi,

I have a flow that takes new/potential customers account information, performs a http put request to check if the company has an embargo according to a website. I need the information passed back to a powerapp. Most information is there but i can't get the response status code and the body of the response into the powerapp.

I am currently storing the response in a collection in the powerapp, it is just missing status code and the body of the response.

I have been trying to change the response so that the status code is in the response json. My json knowledge is limited and my attempts lead to no information coming back to the app.

I need the response status code and body in the app so I can patch them into a CDS entity, along with other company & embargo information. Any help would be appreciated.

If you need any more information please ask.

ErrorErrorFlow on this button, data returned  (no status code or response body) stored in collection and displayed in gallery on next screenFlow on this button, data returned (no status code or response body) stored in collection and displayed in gallery on next screenAttempt to change response JSONAttempt to change response JSONFlowFlow

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: HTTP Request Response to Powerapp using JSON - missing status code and body of response

I have attempted what you recommended but can't get it to work. I think the sub string function requires the length of string (which will vary based on number of results), as well as where it starts:

Substring.function.info.jpg

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: HTTP Request Response to Powerapp using JSON - missing status code and body of response

I think you need to trim the '{' off the front of the JSON before you add in the status code.  it should read more like 

{"StatusCode":200,"recordsFound":3,"matches":[...

You want the status code to be one of the fields in the JSON body. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the reply. 

How would I go about getting the first '{' out of the JSON? This is the first time I have ever worked with JSON

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

JSON is data represented as a string.  So when you concat your new field with the existing JSON make sure to use substring() to retrieve everything except the first character.  Something like this.

Concat({"StatusCode":outputs('HTTP')['StatusCode'],",",substring(body('HTTP'),1))

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

I have attempted what you recommended but can't get it to work. I think the sub string function requires the length of string (which will vary based on number of results), as well as where it starts:

Substring.function.info.jpg

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

If the substring() is requiring the third parameter you can supply that using the Length() function minus 1.

Highlighted
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

Can you point me in the direction of the Microsoft documentation on Request Response?

Request Response.png

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/connectors/connectors-native-reqres 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Upcoming Events

Experience what’s next for Power Automate

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,098)