cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andreas_AYU

HTTP Request to put new content into Excel file on Sharepoint does not work

Hello everyone,

I want to use 'send an HTTP request to Sharepoint' in order to put new content into an Excel Sheet on Sharepoint. This is my standard form which I change with new data during my flow, then save the changed version under a new name, and finally want to restore the content of that standard form.

I have to use this approach as I cannot just copy the form within the flow as it is not possible to access dynamic content created during the flow with "add row" etc. Furthermore, I cannot replace the form with original content either as it is blocked due to being used within the flow before.

I expect that the HTTP Request can solve my problem.

However, I cannot get this command to work:

Method: PUT

URI:

/_api/web/getFolderByServerRelativeUrl('Documents/General')/Files('{Form_B.xlsx}')

-> it should work, but it doesn't, I get the error "file could not be found" (it exists of course)

Headers:

{"Accept": "application/json;odata=verbose",
"Content-Type": "application/json;odata=verbose"}

-> not sure if a header is necessary here at all

{
"body": {
"$content": "Get_file_content"
}}

-> this is the content of the original standard form which I receive via "get file content" at the start of my flow. I am sure that this is not complete yet.

I wish I could have added an image, but I somehow dont have permissions to do so.

I would be very grateful indeed for any help, I googled this issue many hours but did not find the needed information.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Yutao
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello @Andreas_AYU ,

Could you please elaborate a little bit on this?

... as it is not possible to access dynamic content created during the flow with "add row" etc.

Were you saying that the actions like "Add row" from the Excel Online (Business) connector cannot work against a workbook dynamically created/uploaded during a flow?

Thanks!

Yutao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Users online (20,572)