cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
goobernoodles
Level: Powered On

HTTP Response From Child Flow to PowerApps

Is there any way for child flows to directly respond to PowerApps?  I'm trying to find a way to handle the inability to have multiple HTTP responses, with unique JSON schemas.  I was hoping that Child Flows would directly respond to powerapps somehow, but I guess that was a hopeful assumption.  While the flow works - each child flow returns it's own unique arrays - it's only returning those values to the flow itself.  What is returned to PowerApps is just a true value - something I'm familiar with being the case when the JSON schema isn't properly defined.  Gah...

Anyone aware of a way to get something like this working? 

3 REPLIES 3
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: HTTP Response From Child Flow to PowerApps

If the Flow is started from a PowerApp then there is a Respond to PowerApps action that you can use to send information back to PowerApps. It can be tricky to get the datatypes corrrect when using the response in PowerApps.   That's often where I see the return being just a boolean.  But it is possible.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
goobernoodles
Level: Powered On

Considering I'm returning various arrays/tables, and in some instances single records of data, wouldn't that force me to use the parse JSON action on every different child flow before then have to painstakingly map out the individual field types to their corresponding output field from the Parse JSON action?  This would be for every field, of every table, of every child flow?

KiWYOjG 

Edit:  Or... are you referring to using the parse json paired with the respond to powerapps action at the child flows?

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Yes, you will have to use ParseJSON to evaluate the returns and combine them into some format, probably JSON, to return that to PowerApps.  There really is no other way.  Otherwise how would PowerApps know what to do with the various JSON outputs you send?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,000)