cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oos
Advocate V
Advocate V

HTTP request graph get password last changed

I tried to create a HTTP request to https://graph.microsoft.com/v1.0/users/ to get the PasswordLastChanged of PwdLastSet field from a AD user so I can send an email when it almost expires but the HTTP request doesnt give me that fields. Anyone an idea?

3 REPLIES 3
Brad_Groux
Community Champion
Community Champion

First, you should likely insure that all of the Prerequisites for connecting to The Microsoft Graph Security connector have been met. You should also notice that there are no password definitions available with the connector itself. Also, a quick search of the Graph API documentation and the Microsoft Graph beta endpoint reference each show no instance or mention of the PasswordLastChanged definition. 

The Azure AD Connector, and it's corresponding Azure AD Graph API Documentation do have some password capabilities - as defined by the Azure AD Graph API reference. I believe what you are seeking can be found within the Operations on Users section of the reference, specifically the Other navigation properties section which references the User Entity

This again has many mentions of password related items, but nothing specifically for PasswordLastChanged. If this is functionality you would like to see added to Flow or a Flow Template, please consider submitting it to the Flow Ideas page, where it can be voted on by other users, and tracked and commented on by the Flow team.

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Murderbot
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

This can actually be done with a Microsoft Graph HTTP request.  You have to set up an application in your AAD portal using these instructions and then set your HTTP request to use OAuth to access the app.  The users entity has a property called lastPasswordChangeDateTime that isn't included in the normal get user action but can be accessed using the URI below.  The Authority and Audience are always the same.  

Murderbot_0-1609891472163.png

The only catch is that HTTP is now a Premium action.  If anyone can figure out how to get around that, I'd be much obliged!  

anzicsrecko

This works with MS Graph Beta. Just do a Get https://graph.microsoft.com/beta/users/{email-address}?$select=lastPasswordChangeDateTime

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

New Process Advisor Capabilities carousel.png

Read the blog for the latest news

Read the latest about new experiences and capabilities in the Power Automate product blog.

PA Survey Carousel Image.png

We want to hear from you!

If you are a small business ISV/Reseller, share your thoughts with our research team.

AI Builder AMA June 7th carousel (up on May 25th, take down June 8th) (1).png

'Ask Microsoft Anything' about AI Builder!

The AI Builder team invite you to ask questions and provide helpful answers at our next AMA.

Users online (1,462)