Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

HTTP request is received trigger - bad request error when data leaving the flow



I was following this article to push data from Power BI to Flow using web.contents function:


The flow is receiving the data and I can process it. However as soon as I add a step like send email, create file, etc. (i.e. some step, that would push the data outside the flow again), I get an error message in Power BI (bad request) and my Flow is getting marked with an error message ("Problem with the trigger of the flow", saying bad request).


Working version: 


Not working when adding "send email" or something similar:



Error messages:




I tried with different data source tables, tried to rebuild the flow, deleted everything but the trigger and the step "send email", but I always end up with an error as soon as I add that step. 


Also, If I push the data from Power BI to Flow without the step "send email" (which is succeeding) and afterwards add the step "send email" and restart the flow with the data received before, it will work send out the email...


Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with the flow?




Community Champion
Community Champion

Are you using any property or parameter from the trigger within email action or variables?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

I'm having the same issue except with Add Rows excel connector.

The Flow works without the Excel Connector. 


Once the Excel step is added, it will only work if I test my Flow with a previous successful run. It will work with or without variables in there. 


If I run it manually with the Excel step added, I get a generic error saying "Bad Request". No reason why its bad or how to fix it. It also then says that there is a problem with my trigger. When I click Learn More, it is just generic troubleshooting that does not have any steps for When a HTTP Request is Received. This will also fail if I take out the parameters in the Add Row step. Any thoughts?










This worked when I ran a test flow with a previous successful run:



Frequent Visitor

Same issue here with the Excel connector.  I get the Bad Request error and nothing else.  As soon as I remove the Excel connector the HTTP flow works fine.  😔

Helpful resources

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

Carousel_PP_768x460_Wave2 (1).png

2022 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2022 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2022 through March 2023.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

365 EduCon 768x460.png

Microsoft 365 EduCon

Join us for two optional days of workshops and a 3-day conference, you can choose from over 130 sessions in multiple tracks and 25 workshops.

Users online (3,657)