cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Visitor

HTTP request is received trigger - bad request error when data leaving the flow

Hi,

I was following this article to push data from Power BI to Flow using web.contents function: https://www.thebiccountant.com/2019/04/01/export-data-from-power-bi-using-microsoft-flow/

The flow is receiving the data and I can process it. However as soon as I add a step like send email, create file, etc. (i.e. some step, that would push the data outside the flow again), I get an error message in Power BI (bad request) and my Flow is getting marked with an error message ("Problem with the trigger of the flow", saying bad request).

Working version: 

Flow1.png

Not working when adding "send email" or something similar:

Flow2.png

Error messages:

Flow3.png

Flow4.png

I tried with different data source tables, tried to rebuild the flow, deleted everything but the trigger and the step "send email", but I always end up with an error as soon as I add that step. 

Also, If I push the data from Power BI to Flow without the step "send email" (which is succeeding) and afterwards add the step "send email" and restart the flow with the data received before, it will work send out the email...

Does anybody have an idea what is wrong with the flow?

Regards,

David

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Are you using any property or parameter from the trigger within email action or variables?

Please Like and Mark this as Answer if it resolves your Issue.

Power Automate Community

I'm having the same issue except with Add Rows excel connector.

The Flow works without the Excel Connector. 

Once the Excel step is added, it will only work if I test my Flow with a previous successful run. It will work with or without variables in there. 

If I run it manually with the Excel step added, I get a generic error saying "Bad Request". No reason why its bad or how to fix it. It also then says that there is a problem with my trigger. When I click Learn More, it is just generic troubleshooting that does not have any steps for When a HTTP Request is Received. This will also fail if I take out the parameters in the Add Row step. Any thoughts?

taylorpsmith_4-1605720811471.png

taylorpsmith_1-1605720623804.png

taylorpsmith_0-1605720375989.png

This worked when I ran a test flow with a previous successful run:

taylorpsmith_3-1605720717819.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,002)