cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramakrishnanpr
Frequent Visitor

Handling single / multiple attachments - when a new email arrives in a shared mailbox

When an email with attachments arrives in a shared mailbox, I would like to forward it to a distribution list (along with the attachment/s and then start an approval process. However, i am stuck at the first step ie. forwarding it to a distribution list

any help in this regard is appreciated. 

ERROR message: One or more fields provided is of type 'Null', a different type is expected.

flow.PNGflow 2.PNG

PS: the incoming email might have multiple attachments and 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello @ramakrishnanpr 

You are right, as it seems that msg files are not recognized by Power Automate. Read this post with the same issue as yours: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Saving-email-attachments-msg-with-flow/td-p/26069...

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
fchopo
Super User II
Super User II

Hello @ramakrishnanpr 

As you don't know the number of the attachments you are going to receive in the shared mailbox, you should save them in one single variable and send only one email. Have a look at this post: https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/

Apart from that, you should check you have permissions on the shared mailbox to send emails.

I attach an example:

flow.png

In the "send an email from a shared mailbox" you have to click the icon near the attachments section to change its view, and allow the insertion of a variable.

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!

Thanks @fchopo 

For sure i have the permission in the shared mailbox. I did try your solution but still get an error 

Parameter 'Attachment Content' cannot be null or empty.

error 1.PNG

error 2.PNG

Output:

error.PNG

for reasons not known to me my "when a email arrives in a shared mailbox" recognizes only 1 of the two attachments. additionally the contentBytes is null at this level itself?

Any idea why this is happening?

attachment.PNG

Hello @ramakrishnanpr 

Have you tried with different emails and attachments? Maybe it's something with the attachment, since it should'nt be null!

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

I think the prob is that the ,msg files are not recognized by the system, it works fine with other types. Any reason / solution for the same?

Hello @ramakrishnanpr 

You are right, as it seems that msg files are not recognized by Power Automate. Read this post with the same issue as yours: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Saving-email-attachments-msg-with-flow/td-p/26069...

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Process Advisor

Introducing Process Advisor

Check out the new Process Advisor community forum board!

MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Users online (2,521)