cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hashing a SHA1 checksum of SP Online DocLib file

I'm working on a flow from a SharePoint Document Library which requires me to send a chosen file along with a SHA-1 checksum of said file. My question is simply: what is the best way of hashing the file to retreive the checksum? 

I don't really have the option of waiting for an update to Flows and would like to know if it were perhaps possible to utilize Azure Functions to this end?

Thanks for reading, any and all input greatly appreciated! 🙂

Probably related: MD5 Hashing

-Ketill Antoníus Ágústsson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Hashing a SHA1 checksum of SP Online DocLib file

Hi @Ketill,

Please refer to below blog about how you can extend PowerApps to call an Azure Function:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/using-azure-functions-in-powerapps/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Pretty sure that this cannot be done in flow, but with azure, maybe this is not the right place to ask.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Yeah, that's what I thought 😕 perhaps the best option would be to create an Azure function, they can be called from flows and return values right?

-Ketill Antoníus Ágústsson
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Ketill,

Please refer to below blog about how you can extend PowerApps to call an Azure Function:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/using-azure-functions-in-powerapps/

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know this is an old question but I needed to do this as well and there is now a better solution available.

In my case I had a binary object (email attachment) and I needed to compare it with another binary object (file in sharepoint) to see if they were identical or not.  Comparing these in an if condition does not work - it will always return false even if the content is identical (this has had me stumped for days).

Ultimately I had the idea of calculating a hash from both binary objects and comparing the hash rather than comparing the content. Thankfully there is now an option to do this in the form of the Chainpoint connector (which I presume was not available back in 2017 at the time of this original post) - if you pass the string (in my case objects) to Chainpoint it will calculate a SHA1 checksum for you.  Easy and free!

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

August 2020 CYST Winners!

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

thirdImage

Experience what's new for Power Automate

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Automate features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

firstImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,263)