cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
PJohns
Level: Power Up

Have a flow listen for a reply to the email the flow created.

Hello. I am wondering if there is a way I can have my flow listen for a reply to an email that it created and then do actions once a reply is made? Currently, I am using data from when a Microsoft Form is filled out to do a couple of separate things. First, it creates a Task in Planner using the data. Second, it emails all members of that planner that a new task has been added. Third, it emails the person who filled out the form and that person's superior info about the ticket. After it does the last step is there a way to have it listen for a reply to the email that is created, and then add a comment to the planner task that the email is based off of? I was also wondering if there was a way that when a comment is added to the task inside of the planner, that it could send an update to the thread that was created and sent to the person who filed the form and their superior, or would that have to be done in a separate flow with a separate email thread? Posting Screenshots of what I have so far.

Screenshot_1.pngPart 1

Screenshot_2.pngPart 2

Screenshot_3.pngPart 3

Screenshot_4.pngPart 4

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Have a flow listen for a reply to the email the flow created.

Hi @PJohns ,

If you want your flow to listen for a reply to an email that it created and then do actions once a reply is made, please take a try with "Send email with options" action, and the flow would wait for the response of the email receiver in this action.

Then you could add any actions to achieve your needs under the "Send email with options" action.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

PJohns
Level: Power Up

Re: Have a flow listen for a reply to the email the flow created.

Hello, I was not able to get it working with the way you suggested. What I ended up doing was set up inbox rules to route all messages generated by the flow to a specific inbox. Then create a seperate flow to do something when an email is sent to that inbox. Using this method I was able to create a makeshift ticket system in conjunction with planner.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 226 members 4,687 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: