cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have an approval start when a list item status changes

Greetings 

I have created a flow intended to start off an approval request once an Item in my list has a status changed from "reserved" to "Submitted". I'm thinking that I may need to restart the flow with the "when an item is created or modified trigger"? If so, how would I set it so that the approval only kicks off once a list item changes to submitted?

tmking1001_0-1647884367919.png

tmking1001_1-1647884587151.png

tmking1001_2-1647884654214.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KvB1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Well it depends on what you want

If you put it in this trigger, the flow will only run when a new item is created that has status: submitted

If you want the flow to run when an item is changed, you have to change the trigger to when an item is modified

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
KvB1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Heya,

You can use a odata filter query to only trigger the flow when the item created matches certain conditions

Status eq 'Submitted'

For example

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, I've never used an odata filter query before so would that be set in directly after the "when an item is created" trigger? 

KvB1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Well it depends on what you want

If you put it in this trigger, the flow will only run when a new item is created that has status: submitted

If you want the flow to run when an item is changed, you have to change the trigger to when an item is modified

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, that definitely makes sense now. Appreciate the tips!

KvB1
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

No problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,310)