cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jetbluebob
Level: Powered On

Have the flow update a certain number of items and then start another flow for the remining items

Hello Everyone, 

I was wondering if this was possible. I have 3 lists 

- List 1 - Master List that has the Group info and Counts needed for the event 

- List 2 - The list of Volenteers that would like to attend the event 

- List 3 - The Volenteers are added based on the amount of ppl needed in List 1 

My thoughts 

- Based on what the user inputs into the form the count will only process that many items and in the event it has not hit say 50 items from List 2 it will wait and process when there are 50 items. 

- The Flow will then continue onto the next item in the Master List and process that item till it reaches the count noted on that form

- Add a count to the item that was created 

- If there was 50 ppl needed on the first Master List Item

- then on the next Master list it have an input 60 ppl needed

The formula would be something like this

- Look at the previous ID - Add the Count range needed to the Current  >50 and <=110 

- The Flow would need to process items >50 and <=110 with that count 

I am just not sure how to do this.. Any help would be a blessing... 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Have the flow update a certain number of items and then start another flow for the remining item

Hi @jetbluebob,

Could you please share more details about your scenes?

Could you please share more details about the List 1,List 2 and List 3?

I couldn't full understand your requirement,please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regards,

Alice

jetbluebob
Level: Powered On

Re: Have the flow update a certain number of items and then start another flow for the remining item

I am working on posting a screen shot of the flow to help people understand 

- List 1 - Is the main list where the user would add details about an event. Such as: 

• Event Name 
  • Event Group 
  • Event Deployment Dates (Big Window) 
  • Event Group Deployment Dates 
  • Amount needed for this Deployment Group  - I need to find a away for the number entered in here to pull people and assign only that amount of ppl in list 2

upon completing this list an automated email would be sent out to all users on a distro. The higher ups would then reccomend others to help during the event and they would entered into list 2 

- List 2 - The user would add people that would help the event which was created in list 1. 

• Once added by leadership the email would be send out to vol 
  • the list would update since the only item leadership enters is the email address  
  •         The update would consist of - pulling the User Data and pulling the data entered into List 1 so the Vol was assigned a group. (only issue if 200 ppl are vol for the event and i only need 50 for this group and 50 for the next group (new list item in list 1) how do i get it only assign the first 50 ppl?
  • The data in list 2 would then be pushed over to list 3 where the VOL would then enter in their information and this would then start the process.   Flow1.png1 of 6Flow2.png2 of 6Flow3.png3 of 6Flow5.png4 of 6Flow6.png5 of 6Flow7.png6 of 6

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 155 members 4,096 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: