cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LinTse
Regular Visitor

Have two question with Power Automate and Microsoft Teams

Q1:
If I want to create a Power Automate flow for send the message to Microsoft Teams,
Should I need to install Power Automate in Microsoft Teams apps too? It's necessary?

Q2:
If Microsoft Teams App Permission Policy blocked Power Automate,
It's mean I can't use Power Automate flow to send message to Microsoft Teams, right?

Appreciate

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

Hi, @LinTse, I don't think you need to worry about either of these things.

The only worry that you might have is that your user account doesn't have permissions to do certain things, and if that is the case, you will get errors when you try to send a message to a Team in teams. But I doubt you have been restricted that much.

Just go into Power Automate, and make a test Flow, and send a simple message into a team (then go and remove it afterwards) and you will be able to see if it works enough for what you need. 👍

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
eliotcole
Super User
Super User

Hi, @LinTse, I don't think you need to worry about either of these things.

The only worry that you might have is that your user account doesn't have permissions to do certain things, and if that is the case, you will get errors when you try to send a message to a Team in teams. But I doubt you have been restricted that much.

Just go into Power Automate, and make a test Flow, and send a simple message into a team (then go and remove it afterwards) and you will be able to see if it works enough for what you need. 👍

Thank you for your suggestion!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

New Ideas Forum MPA.jpg

A new place to submit your Ideas for Power Automate

Announcing a new way to share your feedback with the Power Automate Team.

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

MPA Licensing.jpg

Ask your licensing questions at the Power Automate AMA!

Join Priya Kodukula and the licensing team, super users and MVPs to find answers to your questions on Power Automate licensing.

Users online (2,323)