cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Having SharePoint Contact List copy/update to Contacts in Outlook

I need the contacts from an SP list to copy to outlook. I know there is native funcitonality with SharePoint lists to sync with Outlook, but my manager wants a copy so we can get it in the Global Address Book.

I have new items in the list sucessfully copying in a seperate flow. For this one, I amchecking if an existing item is modified and if so, update it with the new info.

I do not know how to connect the contacts, it seems SP ID is different than the Outlook ID.

Setup:

setupEXISTS.JPG

Error

errorECISTS.JPG

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Having SharePoint Contact List copy/update to Contacts in Outlook

Hi @msawhney,

Yes, the ID is different.

ID from SharePoint Contact List is the ID of the item, and the ID needed for the Outlook Create Contact is the corresponding Contact GUID.

To get that GUID, we need to first Get all the Contacts from Outlook, and then use condition to get the proper ID of the contact.

An easy example, here we choose the EmailAddress field, make sure the value part is configured with the corresponding EmailAddress part of the SharePoint contact list.

64.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @msawhney,

Yes, the ID is different.

ID from SharePoint Contact List is the ID of the item, and the ID needed for the Outlook Create Contact is the corresponding Contact GUID.

To get that GUID, we need to first Get all the Contacts from Outlook, and then use condition to get the proper ID of the contact.

An easy example, here we choose the EmailAddress field, make sure the value part is configured with the corresponding EmailAddress part of the SharePoint contact list.

64.PNG

If you have any further questions, please post back.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone completed this FLOW with successfully? I'm having hard time to get this done. Anyone could share their complete FLOW?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

This doesn't seem to work.  What appears to be needed is a nested for each

For each from get outlook contact, then

For each outlook contact email in outlook contacts emails

if the email matches

Update a contact

complete

else

skip

End

End

Create the contact

Not sure how you do that though.  If there is an easy example, please provide it.

-thanks

-e

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,578)