cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper III
Helper III

Having a lot of trouble making a Flow move all files from one SharePoint folder to another sharepoint folder

Hello,

I am working on a Flow that is supposed to be manually triggered. When it is triggered, it goes into a list and clears out all list items. I then want it to go into the Agendas document library and move all files into the Archive document library's Agendas subfolder, and go into the Meeting Minutes document library and move all files into the Archive document library's Meeting Minutes folders.

I have the manual trigger and list item deletion portion working perfectly. I just can't seem to get something to work for moving the files from one folder to the subfolders. Anyone have any advice?

3 REPLIES 3
Resolver II
Resolver II

Is this a SharePoint list or a folder containing documents. If it's a list simply create a new item in the new list before you delete it from the old list in your loop.

Sorry, I made a mistake. It's a document library. So move a document from one document library to the subfolder of another document library automatically after the deletion of items from a list.

Resolver II
Resolver II

Do you have a screen shot of your flow?

It seems all you need to do is create a flow with the trigger "When an item is deleted"

Then get the data you need and use the "Move file" SharePoint connection to move it. 

I'm assuming there is something in the item list that gives you the file name?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (71,751)