cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
procure_9Timate
Frequent Visitor

Having ton of issues trying to create my first email flows- Outlook automatic forwarding and replies with attachments and links

I monitor an email account at work and to better manage it want to create flows that when an email is sent to me based on subject line conditions would either forward the email to the correct department or send an automatic response with a paragraph on how to help and some have links to click or an attachment. I have never used power automate before this is my first time, but I have tried using the guides under training and documentation and can't get things to work. 

1. Why are my flows failing? They do not give insight why

2. How can I add an attachment to an email reply? I see there is a spot for an attachment but it's not clear how to upload one

3. How can I add a link to an email reply - when I click add dynamic content and search "link" nothing appears

Please see screenshot attachments

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @procure_9Timate ,

You could upload attachment file to OneDrive for Business, then get it by actions in flow.

Click this button

vjefferni_0-1668750506563.png

in the “Reply to email” action, and set “Link Target” property to link address, then you are able to add a link.

“Message id” is the related parameter of the arriving email. It is possible to reply to this email with “Message id”.

Based on your description, I have made a simple test for your reference.

vjefferni_1-1668750506570.png

vjefferni_2-1668750506579.png

Test result:

vjefferni_3-1668750506585.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
procure_9Timate
Frequent Visitor

also what is message id, and why am i required to put one to save my flow?

Hi @procure_9Timate ,

You could upload attachment file to OneDrive for Business, then get it by actions in flow.

Click this button

vjefferni_0-1668750506563.png

in the “Reply to email” action, and set “Link Target” property to link address, then you are able to add a link.

“Message id” is the related parameter of the arriving email. It is possible to reply to this email with “Message id”.

Based on your description, I have made a simple test for your reference.

vjefferni_1-1668750506570.png

vjefferni_2-1668750506579.png

Test result:

vjefferni_3-1668750506585.png

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,436)