cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate IV
Advocate IV

Having trouble with Run After configuration preventing a succeeding step from running

I have a flow in which the success or failure of one step in an Apply to Each loop should not prevent the following step from running, however, all subsequent steps seem to get skipped regardless.  Does anyone have any ideas?

The logic looks like this

Apply to Each (excel table) row

{

Add to Group [rowUser UPN]

{

On success: set rowOutcome = "Group load successful"

On fail: set rowOutcome = "Group load failed"

}

Update Excel (current) row

{

[Outcome]= [rowOutcome]

}

}

I get the correct run-after action for the Add to Group action (success or fail), but nothing after that runs.  What gives?

FLOW-OutcomeCheckStep failing-20200724.jpg

I would expect the compose + update steps to run regardless of the prior run-after branches but the compose step fails and I do not get the rowOutcome updated.

Compose step Run-After is configured as follows

FLOW-OutcomeCheckStep RunAfterConfig-20200724.PNG

The result in Run History is

FLOW-OutcomeCheckStep RunAfterStateError-20200724.PNG

Originally I had no Run After configured for this step, since the outcome of the previous steps does not matter, I want the compose and succeeding update to run regardless, but it skipped in that test too.

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

@ONYXJas 

Can you paste screenshots of your flow please?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Hi there, I have added a screen shot of the troublesome bit as requested - thanks for your input on this 🙂

Highlighted

@ONYXJas 

If the Compose step fails that means that there is an issue in the Compose step, can you check the flow history run and add screenshot for it?

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Screenshots of the compose Run-after config and results are added to my post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,369)