cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harrisonchu88
Level: Powered On

Having trouble with creating a Flow to publish e-mails as SharePoint item.

Hi,

I'm having trouble with creating a Flow, and unfortunately I'm not very well versed with this feature.  I think it'd probably be best for me to simply describe what I'm trying to accomplish, as well as my observations and questions:

Objective

Create a Flow that will enable our team to address or copy an e-mail to a Distribution List (announcements@example.com), after which the contents of the email will be automatically published onto our company SharePoint.  An Announcement page has been created on SharePoint, and the page will contain an Announcement List, on which employees can view most recent as well as previous announcements in reverse chronological order.  Upon successfully posting to SharePoint, an e-mail would be sent out to another Distribution List (everyone@example.com) which will notify everyone of the new announcement and have the (static) link to the SharePoint included.

Current Results

This is the Flow created from my attempt:

Screenshot

Thus far, I have not been able to get this to create any item on the SharePoint list.  The Flow itself does not show history of failed attemps for some reason.  My thinking is that it may have something to do with trying to use a Distribution List as the triggering e-mail?  The trigger is set to activate when an e-mail is addressed to the Distribution List.  Prior to this, experimenting with the conditions would result in the Flow activating and showing Successful, but it counts as successful because the Flow does trigger, but it fails to create the list item and terminates.

Additional Questions

• I noticed there is a connector for both O365 Outlook as well as Outlook.com.  What is the difference between the two, and which is more suitable for this intended use?
  • I decided to use a SharePoint "List" to create a "List Item" from the e-mail only because those were the only options I was able to select from when viewing the connections and options available.  I noticed there was a SharePoint app called "Announcements" and attempted to add this to the page, but from Flow I was not able to select it as an option to add a List Item to.
  • The structure of the Flow itself was taken from a template offered that had a similar-sounding function.  If there is a better way to accomplish the same result, I am open to suggestions (but I would like to understand better why something does or doesn't work).

I hope I've provided enough details, thank you in advance for any feedback.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Having trouble with creating a Flow to publish e-mails as SharePoint item.

Hi @harrisonchu88,

Please share a full screenshot of your flow with configuration details with me?

Could you please share more screenshot or details about the flow run history when the flow run failed to create any item on the SharePoint list?

Please share more details so we would try to provide a proper workaround for you.

Best regrads,

Alice

harrisonchu88
Level: Powered On

Re: Having trouble with creating a Flow to publish e-mails as SharePoint item.

Hi Alice,

Thank you so much for responding!

Please refer to expanded screenshot, I had to crop and append to one image to fit:

Screenshot

I'm tied up at the moment but when I get the chance I will try triggering it a few more times and see if anything has changed, thank you!

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 305 members 4,488 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: