cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MikeNJ00
Level: Powered On

Help Building a Conditional Flow Based on Column Change in SharePoint

I have a list with a drop down with 4 users.  I created a flow, that when a user is selected it will automatically send that user an email.  Now I also need to build a flow where if that dropdown is assigned to another user at a later time, then that new user will receive the email but I'm getting stuck on the logic, if anyone can please help. 

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Help Building a Conditional Flow Based on Column Change in SharePoint

HI @MikeNJ00 

You can use the when an item is created or modified trigger and based on this trigger, whenever the dropdown is updated the flow will be triggered and then you can configure an email action accordigly. So every time the dropdown changes the flow triggers and sends an email to the address selected in the drop dow. Makes sense?

If you could share a screen shot of the flow you built so far, I mitght be able to assist you better. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

MikeNJ00
Level: Powered On

Re: Help Building a Conditional Flow Based on Column Change in SharePoint

So mine is a little complicated.  It's a PowerApps form where this field is autopopulated through Powerapps based on criteria on other fields, but you can change this field through quick edit mode in the SharePoint list.    The dropdown contains text for the users name.  So I created a flow to alert the user orginally by setting up 4 conditions when the item is created.  And when that user is populated originally the flow kicks off an email based on that as you can see below.  Or maybe it's not complicated and I can easily add this trigger in?

Flow.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 92 members 3,779 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: