cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ryanw
Regular Visitor

Help! Can Microsoft Form input data be used to combine PowerPoint files?

Hey Automators

I've been struggling to understand if it possible to take Microsoft Form user input and do file operations based on the inputs. I'd like to build a flow to help with the creation of PowerPoint presentations.

I'd appreciate it if anyone has any advice or tips on how (or if) this is possible.

Here's what I am trying to do:

1. Microsoft Form takes user input. User sections from a collection of PowerPoint topics, eg. Apples. Pears, Carrots, Bananas.

2. Each collection corresponds to a PowerPoint deck, eg Apples = apples.pptx.

3. Based on the user selection, eg. Apples, Carrots, I would like to combine those PowerPoint presentations into one and email the user the result, ie: apples.pptx + carrots.pptx = combined.pptx (which would be emailed to the user). Ideally the user could change the order of the elements too.

The process needs to be 'server side' and seamless to the form user, so they just put in some values and then receive an email with the presentation.

Does anyone know if this possible and how I would be able to do this?

Many thanks for any sugesstions!

1 REPLY 1
Expiscornovus
Super User II
Super User II

Hi @Ryanw,

I would say this is possible.

However, the merging of two PowerPoints is probably the most challenging bit of your process. You can either use the Cloudmersive Merge Two PowerPoint PPTX together action to achieve this. But this is a premium connector.

You could also code to merge the files and use an Azure Function to execute that code via flow.

Have a look at these threads to see some examples of these two approaches:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Merge-multiple-PPTX-flies/td-p/602802

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Merge-PowerPoint-slides/m-p/388163#M43991

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (82,588)