cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aldirjr

Help PLEASE! How to compare string with Lookup variable?? - linked tables

Hi,

I have 2 tables.. basically 1 table is the Procurements, and the other one is the Projects table.

What I am trying to do is to find the amount of Procurements that are related to a Project and update the Project table to add the Total.

aldirjr_0-1646052334900.pngaldirjr_1-1646052519104.png

the Procurements table, has a Lookup value that has a link with the name of the project... 

aldirjr_4-1646050957831.png

aldirjr_5-1646050983290.png

I tried to compare the Lookup value from the Procurements table, with the Project name of the Project table and I can't find a way to compare both of them!

Basically, I listed the rows for each table, and then I did an "apply to each" within another "apply to each" (a loop inside another loop) to compare values, and "incremented" the total amount of Procurements in the Project table.

aldirjr_0-1646050685298.pngaldirjr_1-1646050714437.png

aldirjr_2-1646050836525.png

I dont know what I have to put in the conditions... compare what to what...

When I do compare, the Project Name (from Projects) come as "Webpage version 2" and the Projects name from Procurements come as 't1d38e52-0c04-ea11-a722-103d3a794413'

3 REPLIES 3
ManishJain
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @aldirjr ,

What are you trying to accomplish here ?

Thanks

Hi.. I thought I was clear haha, my bad..

To summarize.. I want to see if a project has any procurement associated with it (and the total of associations).

Some records in the Procurement table, has a "link" to the Project table (which is a lookup value, not a name - as you can tell by the pictures)...
and I have a table called Projects..

but when I get the Projects name in the Procurement table, I get a code, not the project name or the project id... and I want to compare this, to the Project Name from the Project table, but it is a string! so I cant compare both of them

I think you need to have a rollup field created on Project entity and set it as sum of column that you want to aggregate.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

MPA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Power Automate Designer Feedback_carousel.jpg

Help make Flow Design easier

Are you new to designing flows? What is your biggest struggle with Power Automate Designer? Help us make it more user friendly!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,507)