cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toklatt

Help Parsing E-Mail massages

Hallo Everybody,

I need assistance for parsing autogenerated mails to a excel sheet.

The E-Mails have subject in a defined order/metric, same with the body of the E-Mail Massage.

So how can I Initialize the different values and add them to a excel sheet?

Could somebody please assist?

For your help thanks in advance

3 REPLIES 3
DamoBird365
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @toklatt 

If the data is in an html table, you could consider using xpath, which I demonstrate here Extract HTML Table from Email in Power Automate
https://youtu.be/i4GHCGMAD88 the alternatives are to use indexof and substring.

Let me know if you need more info.

Damien

toklatt

Hi @DamoBird365,

the E-Mail is send to me from my customers SAP Incident Management system.

It´s Subject: HERE IS THE LINE OF MASSAGE OR INCIDENT

Body (Mail):

Caller: Sam Bam

UserID: DELTA3

Workplace: walhalla

Techn. Place: 100003465

Equipment: (different parts)

Left in Mail is always the same lines until double point. After Caller there is sometimes Line PHONE NUMBER and by some additional MOBILE NUMBER.

After Equipment the are multiple kinds of message stuff, but the Mails transmitted by the BMS include some key words... 

What I have done in the past was: "When a new mail arrives" with topic NEW MASSAGE -> convert html to text and further split/trim -> New Line to Excel

What this has teached me was, that split/trim not always works, for in some tickets the line after Equipment reads "Alarmcode: transmission started" for example and in this case the automation should additional grap the Alarmcode and read Out the Text/Number which the Alarm Computer will write there.

Any suggestions how this would be possible?

For your assistance thanks in advance

Hi @toklatt 

I've done the html to text / split / substring etc in the past but xpath is much neater if you have the data in an html table.  I cannot easily help you with the text string you have provided, other to recommend you use the html to text.  If you can share the body in the form of HTML I might be able to help with an Xpath solution, but let me know which fields you require.

Damien

Helpful resources

Announcements
October Events

Mark Your Calendars

So many events happening this month - don't miss out!

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

Users online (3,760)