cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Skyebabi
Level: Powered On

Help Please...Email Sending from Excel Failing

Hi,

I am trying to send an email based on criteria in an excel spreadsheet for reporting schedules.  The intention is to have a daily scheduled trigger to match "today's" date (yyyy-mm-dd), and then send an email using additional conditions from the spreadsheet - being the email address, subject etc.

Within the Apply to Each control, the "send an email" is coming back with email ActionBranchingConditionNotSatisfied. The execution of template action 'Send_an_email' skipped: the branching condition for this action is not satisfied.

I have attached images of my flow - can you please help me out?  PS the blanks are filled in I've just blanked them out for privacy.

InkedStep 1_LI.jpg1

Step 2.PNG2InkedStep 3_LI.jpg3

5 REPLIES 5
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help Please...Email Sending from Excel Failing

Hi @Skyebabi ,

Have you checked the contents of the run history-List rows present in a table action?

10 Date field has a value equal to the current date?

In addition, if the type of the 10 Date field in the Excel table is Date, then the value output in Flow may be Number, please refer to the following thread to restore the 10 Date column value to Date for comparison:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Flows/Excel-file-to-list-flow-date-issue/m-p/279258#M28...

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Skyebabi

Hi and thanks, @v-bacao-msft .

This is the expression that I am using below which looks the same as the link you kindly provided.  I want the current date to trigger the run and match the table.  Should the date match, then the email will trigger.

utcNow('yyyy-MM-dd') is equal to add Days('1899-12-30',int(item()['10 Date']),'yyyy-MM-dd').

When I go through the run history the only error I am getting is at the send an email where I get the action branching condition not satisfied error.

I'm very new to this and have tried multiple ways, but can't seem to get it to work. 

Cheers

Skyebabi

Hi @v-bacao-msft 

Can you help me figures this out?  The link you sent through hasn't provided me with an answer to the send an email error I am getting. 

Any help please and expertise would be great.

Cheers,

Skyebabi

Can anyone please help me with this?  I don't have an error in the Table function, the error is sitting with the email function.  The instructions provided aren't clear to me and I've a large project resting on this one.  

Any guidance to this very new-to-flow person? 

Highlighted
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Skyebabi ,

Could you provide a screenshot of the error message?

According to your description, this is only because there are no eligible records in the Excel table, not the error of the action configuration.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,680)