cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Regular Visitor

Help adapting tutorial to create PDF from document

Hi everyone,

I am attempting to follow a tutorial to create PDFs from a spreadsheet that I found here:  https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/convert-pdf-with-microsoft-flow-nov-2018

My problem is that I am stuck at step 6.  My flow runs successfully, however the tutorial indicates that if there is nothing within the brackets after Row: [] this means that it has not found the required file and I cannot progress.

I am trying to alter it as I need to trigger the flow from Forms instead of Power Apps.  I am using forms to create responses which will populate fields in one specific file and then generate a new PDF of that file.  As the file name and path will not change I have altered step 2 so that I am using the specific name and path that lead directly to my document instead of dynamic content from Power Apps (or in this case Forms)

Is there something I can do to check whether my file is actually being found or not?

Forms Test snip.PNGForms Test snip 2.PNG

2 REPLIES 2

Have you tried using a Word template within SharePoint? You can populate the Word template with the Form values. Then you can convert the Word document to a PDF using the "Word Online" connector.

I wrote a blog that covers this. You may need to skip the parts unnecessary to you, but I cover how to use this solution.

https://dynamicsbackpage.wordpress.com/2019/11/24/generating-dynamic-word-documents-for-dynamics-365...

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ShaunSmith ,

You could consider using the features available in Flow to achieve your needs.

If you have obtained the item ID, then you can consider the following methods to achieve your needs.

232.PNG233.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (2,987)