cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beat
Level 8

Help - cannot type in Expression entry field

@v-xida-msftthanks to one of your posts I managed to send multiple attachments in one email, adding .$content to the ('get_attachments_content') element.

body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content']

2018-10-31 10_14_26-Clipboard.png

Now I'm trying to do the same in another flow, but for some reason, I cannot type anything in the Expression entry field:

2018-10-31 10_15_46-Clipboard.png

What could be causing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Beat
Level 8

Re: Help - cannot type in Expression entry field

Hi @v-yuazh-msft , I did re-write the flow (alghoug a simpler version) and was able to reproduce the issue. Add a condition within an apply-to-each (e.g. DisplayName contains "xyz"), then Append to Array Variable, enter a valid json in the Value field. At this point, the Expression text entry box gets disabled, there is no cursor.

And here's the workaround: Create the Append to Array Variable first (without a condition), enter the json including the expression body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content'] (expression field is editable). Then insert the condition just above and finally move the Append to Array Variable action into the Yes branch of the condition.

Something seems to prevent inserting or editing expressions in the Append to Array Variable value field when that action is within a Yes / No branch of a condition. Looks like a bug (or may be by design for whatever reason?). The flow works fine now, and only includes those attachments that meet the condition criteria in the email that is sent subsequently.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Beat,

Please take a try to delete the action and re-add it to see if the issue still exists.

Also please make sure you have click the blank ezpression entry field before you want to type in Expression entry field.

Best regards,

Alice

Beat
Level 8

Hi @v-yuazh-msft (how can I say Hi Alice instead but still mention you?)

Unfortunately no joy. I've deleted the action and created it again, still the same.

It works fine in another flow that has the same pattern, except that here it comes after a condition (only append to array if the attachment file name meets a criteria). But that shouldn't make any difference, right?

Will I have to re-write the entire Flow to fix it? omg...

Beat
Level 8

Hi @v-yuazh-msft , I did re-write the flow (alghoug a simpler version) and was able to reproduce the issue. Add a condition within an apply-to-each (e.g. DisplayName contains "xyz"), then Append to Array Variable, enter a valid json in the Value field. At this point, the Expression text entry box gets disabled, there is no cursor.

And here's the workaround: Create the Append to Array Variable first (without a condition), enter the json including the expression body('Get_attachment_content')?['$content'] (expression field is editable). Then insert the condition just above and finally move the Append to Array Variable action into the Yes branch of the condition.

Something seems to prevent inserting or editing expressions in the Append to Array Variable value field when that action is within a Yes / No branch of a condition. Looks like a bug (or may be by design for whatever reason?). The flow works fine now, and only includes those attachments that meet the condition criteria in the email that is sent subsequently.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,482)