cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
seffk
Regular Visitor

Help converting Person/Name field to a string with multiple people

Hi all, 

I have a flow set up that pulls certain items that need to be scheduled or rescheduled each week and sends them to me in the form of a table built using the select function. I am using a combo of compose, select and join to make a people column (with multiple) a string to go into the table. This is working however, I can not figure out how to cycle through and create a new string of names for EACH item/meeting, it just sends me the same string for each. I have been using item().ColumnName to cycle through data in the other columns but can not figure out how to use that functionality for a variable I created myself. 

An idea I had is to create a new column that populates my people --> stringvariable data and just do item().NewColumn 

Thanks in advance for all your advice. 

seffk_0-1660146115497.png

seffk_0-1660146494298.png

2 REPLIES 2
MarconettiMarco
Super User
Super User

Hello @seffk ,

if I've understood correctly, please refer to the following Post:

https://powerautomatejoy.com/2022/08/10/how-to-get-persons-emails-from-a-sharepoint-column-with-few-...

If I have answered your question, please mark my post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

BR,

Marco

Hi Marco 

This is close to what I need and currently have, I currently am able to make the new string of comma seperated text of names but I am having trouble when it comes to looping through that new variable I created. 

What I have: a string of names I pulled using select and join labeled under a new initialized variable called CompanyNames. 

What I need: How to I loop through this variable similar to my other ones per row in my table I am emailing to myself. For example, assume MeetingTime is one of my columns I was typing item().MeetingTime so each row of my table had the respective time of a given meeting. When I try to enter item().CompanyNames this formula is invalid.. 

Thanks in advance 

@MarconettiMarco 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Users online (3,924)