cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jimnibob

Help creating a trigger to send an email.

Hi 

I have been watching some video tutorials, but am still struggling to create the desired flow. 

I want to trigger a flow to send an email when a 'none required' option value is added to a column in a SharePoint list. Most of the time the column will be blank, however, when a value is added/received for the column then I would like it to generate an email.

I have been using the following 'trigger condition' @equals(triggerBody()?['Ad-hoc users/Value'],'Resolved') in the below settings screenshot

Jimnibob_0-1664365194695.png

I have set up this action

Jimnibob_1-1664365286338.png

However, when I run the flow it is not triggering an email. Can anyone help?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
v-chengfen-msft
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Jimnibob ,

The reason why you met this problem is that:

1. triggerBody()?['Ad-hoc users/Value'] and 'Resolved' do not match, causing the trigger to fail.

Maybe you can try to get the correct [Ad-hoc users]'s expression like this:

Here is list:

vchengfenmsft_0-1664422325335.png

vchengfenmsft_1-1664422325343.png

Best Regards

Cheng Feng

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Microsoft 365 Conference – December 6-8, 2022

Join us in Las Vegas to experience community, incredible learning opportunities, and connections that will help grow skills, know-how, and more.

Difinity Conference 2022

Difinity Conference 2022

Register today for two amazing days of learning, featuring intensive learning sessions across multiple tracks, led by engaging and dynamic experts.

European SharePoint Conference

European SharePoint Conference

The European SharePoint Conference returns live and in-person November 28-December 1 with 4 Microsoft Keynotes, 9 Tutorials, and 120 Sessions.

Users online (2,882)