cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
candres
Level: Powered On

Help creating approval flow for MS form

I am attempting to create a flow based on the submission of an MS form.  Currently working with a pretty basic forms to approval email setup.  Here is how it would hopefully work...

1. Person A would fill out form (a setup request) & submit
  2. Switch case checks one question and based on the response, determines who should receive an approval email
  3. assuming first approval was positive, 2nd level of approval would receive an email
  4. assuming second approval was positive, email with details is created and sent to various departments for execution
  5. additionally, an event would be created on an associated 365 calendar

When it recognizes that the form has been submitted, then it works through the setup email.  However, the event creation always fails.

Is there a more efficient way to create this?

Would I be better served trying to do something more directly with Sharepoint?

Is there some reason that only 2 of 5 form submissions have triggered the flow?

Event creation gives the following error message...

Your request can't be completed. At least one required parameter is missing from the request. Missing parameters: Pattern. clientRequestId: 0e27beba-6849-4a8b-97e0-95270c994e13

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help creating approval flow for MS form

Hi candres,

According to your description, I create a flow likes below to test this issue.

When a form is submitted, it will run succeed. An event can be created on Office 365 Calendar successfully.
3.PNG

4.PNG

From the error message you have provided, it seems that you have missed some required field when configuring the action “Office 365 – Create event”. Please check the parameter of this action. Or you could also provide a screenshot so that I can help check it on my side.

About your other questions:

Is there a more efficient way to create this?
>I hope you could recheck your current flow configuration. I assume that it should work.

>We could also do it with SharePoint. You could consider to create a SharePoint list with different columns, then create a flow according to your needs.

>I try to submit the form 5 times to run the flow, every response works fine. But I need to wait for several seconds then I found that it runs perfectly.

Please try it again and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi candres,

According to your description, I create a flow likes below to test this issue.

When a form is submitted, it will run succeed. An event can be created on Office 365 Calendar successfully.
3.PNG

4.PNG

From the error message you have provided, it seems that you have missed some required field when configuring the action “Office 365 – Create event”. Please check the parameter of this action. Or you could also provide a screenshot so that I can help check it on my side.

About your other questions:

Is there a more efficient way to create this?
>I hope you could recheck your current flow configuration. I assume that it should work.

>We could also do it with SharePoint. You could consider to create a SharePoint list with different columns, then create a flow according to your needs.

>I try to submit the form 5 times to run the flow, every response works fine. But I need to wait for several seconds then I found that it runs perfectly.

Please try it again and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

candres
Level: Powered On

Mabel...Thank you so much for your assistance!

Here is a screen shot as the flow exists now.

I noticed that your condition following the approval email is different.  Is that a more effecient way to handle this?

Also, does it matter if the flow is a "Team Flow" vs being listed under "My flows"?  We were attempting to have others assist in managing responses.

Cheers,

Chuck

Flow.PNG

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi candres,

In Edit mode, my condition under the approval email is the same with you. The screenshot I provided was for the run status. You could get the same screen under flow runs after you ran the flow.

I assume that it doesn’t matter “Team flow” or “my flows”. You could create the flow and share it with others.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 111 members 5,064 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: