Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
KN050389
Level: Powered On

Help designing a proper document approval flow

Hi All,
I tried so much but not able to crack it. Please help me if you have a solution.

I have a word document which has several titles. Each title has to be filled by number of people and approved by the stakeholders. The final document must be attached in document format to other portal.

I was planning to design a form with various fields (corresponding to each title of the document), create an approval flow, and must be downloaded when all the fields are approved and final.

Is it feasible? Please reply if you have a solution.

Thanks in advance.
Your,
Nishant
2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help designing a proper document approval flow

Hi @KN050389,

Could you provide more details about the Flow you want to configure?

The documentation you mentioned was completed during the approval process or before the approval.

In addition, where the files are stored, how to download them and add them as attachments.

Please provide more details and we may provide a workaround for you.

Best Regards,

Barry

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
KN050389
Level: Powered On

Re: Help designing a proper document approval flow

Thanks Garry for reply! I truly appreciate that.

You may have the requirement as follows:

Flow:

1. Team 1 uses a template 1 attached in Sharepoint site for a request. After filling up the request form, the person will upload the request form to the Sharepoint site. An automated mail must go to Team 2.

2. After analyzing the request, Team 2 approves/rejects the request. Automated confirmation message must go to Team 1 for approval/rejection as applicable.

3. If approved, Team 2 prepares a word document using a template 2 attached in Sharepoint to fill the details about the request. The document is sent to Team 3.

Note: This document must be downloadable to attach it to some other portal.

4. Team 3 analyses the document and changes the document after discussion. An automated mail must go to concerned approvers.

5. Approvers after going through the document, approves/give comments. An automated mail must go to Team 2 to review the changes.

Note: To and fro conversation will occur between Team 2 and approvers. Automated mail must be there for the same.

6. Once the final document is prepared by Team 2, an automated mail must be sent to Team 4 for further actions. 

Note: This final document must be downloadable to attach it to some other portal.

The document versions must be traceable for the revisions and the person who revised the document. Team 1, Team 2, and Team 3 has separate privileges and must be restricted as applicable.

Kindest regards,

Nishant

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (6,645)