cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Help filtering a SharePoint list on an array

I've got this working, but it takes about 4 hours to run because it's built so inefficiently. 

Basically - I have a SharePoint calendar with the full company's PTO for the next 6 months (Calendar A). I need to sync it with a separate calendar that only has about 30 employees in it (Calendar B). 

My current process is to get items from both calendars, delete everything in Calendar B, then do a nested "apply to each" - so each item from Calendar A is checked against an array of Employee IDs to see if they match. If yes, then I rebuild Calendar B from scratch.

It would clearly be a better solution to filter Calendar A by the array of IDs before running the Apply to each loops, but I can't figure out how to do that! Can I use the Filter Array action? If so, how?

Annotation 2019-08-20 120003.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help filtering a SharePoint list on an array

Hi @balderdash ,

I don't quite clear the specific configuration and function of each action, so I can't give reasonable optimization suggestions for the time being. Please provide more details.

Your Flow configuration contains multiple Apply to each, you could consider setting Degree of Parallelism to provide execution efficiency.

You could try to do the following settings for the three Apply to each:

5.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help filtering a SharePoint list on an array

Hi @balderdash ,

I don't quite clear the specific configuration and function of each action, so I can't give reasonable optimization suggestions for the time being. Please provide more details.

Your Flow configuration contains multiple Apply to each, you could consider setting Degree of Parallelism to provide execution efficiency.

You could try to do the following settings for the three Apply to each:

5.PNG

Hope it helps.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Now Live: Power Virtual Agents Community!

We are excited to announce the launch of Power Virtual Agents Community. Check it out now!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

Users online (9,395)