cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnabrahambio
Level: Powered On

Help for plan automate

Dear All

I am very new to MS flow. I am trying to create a plan dashboard but not able to do so. I have created an excel with team members and tasks. I have uploaded the same in sharepoint . In my microsoft teams I want to create plan dashboard for the members . I want to display the activities by week, display the role, tasks .I failed initially with date. I do need help if I give the email id of the team member can it take the user ID as my company details. Sorry for posting this request . But requesting you help  Thanks for your help

Cost IDcategoryMember roleAdd Task hereName of AssociateStarting DateDate dueWeek of YearTotal work daysTask Name
XA1345Agile developmentCoderlogin createTom16-12-201920-12-2019515XA1345Agile developmentCoderlogin create
XA1345Agile developmentTesterLogin checkJerry16-12-201920-12-2019515XA1345Agile developmentTesterLogin check
XA1345Agile developmentCoderside bar createTom23-12-201927-12-2019525XA1345Agile developmentCoderside bar create
XA1345Agile developmentTesterside bar checkJerry23-12-201927-12-2019525XA1345Agile developmentTesterside bar check
XA1345Agile developmentCoderTransaction codeTom30-12-201911-01-20205310XA1345Agile developmentCoderTransaction code
XA1345Agile developmentTesterTranscation checkJerry30-12-201911-01-20205310XA1345Agile developmentTesterTranscation check
XA1345Agile developmentCoderValide codeTom30-12-201911-01-20205310XA1345Agile developmentCoderValide code
XA1345Agile developmentTestervalidate checkJerry30-12-201911-01-20205310XA1345Agile developmentTestervalidate check
4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help for plan automate

Hi @johnabrahambio

Where are you want to create the plan in?

I have made a test on my side and we could only create task for a plan in Planner connector in Microsoft flow currently,

if you want to create plan in planner with Microsoft flow, the requirement couldn't be achieved and you could consider submitting an idea to flow ideas forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Flow-Ideas/idb-p/FlowIdeas

Best regards,

Alice       

Community Support Team _ Alice Zhang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

johnabrahambio

Thanks

I am trying to create the plan in MS teams. Is there a possibility to create tasks in my teams and show the tasks against respective members in my teams.?

I am having terrible issues to get the dates from excel to MSFLOW. Its not recognizing the dates. 

In the excel I have start date time and Due Date time. I tried having empty rows for start date time and Due Date time

when there is no data in the start date time and due date time I used following expression

addDays(utcNow('dd/MM/yyyy'),0,'dd/MM/yyyy')
addDays(utcNow('dd/MM/yyyy'),8,'dd/MM/yyyy')

Idea is to take current date and get the start date and due date which is 8 days from start date.

That didnt work

I also tried following 

addDays('1900-01-01',float(item()['Starting Date']),'yyyy-MM-dd')
addDays('1900-01-01',int(item()['Due Date Time']),'dd-MM-yyyy')

and then did with empty columns in excel

concat(formatDateTime('Starting Date Time','yyyy-MM-dd'),'T00:00:00Z')
concat(formatDateTime('Due Date Time','yyyy-MM-dd'),'T00:00:00Z')

I am also attaching my flow. Is there a way to make this happen 

Error1.JPG

johnabrahambio

Hi Alice and  v-alzhan-msft

Thanks

I am trying to create the plan in MS teams. Is there a possibility to create tasks in my teams and show the tasks against respective members in my teams.?

I am having terrible issues to get the dates from excel to MSFLOW. Its not recognizing the dates. 

In the excel I have start date time and Due Date time. I tried having empty rows for start date time and Due Date time

when there is no data in the start date time and due date time I used following expression

addDays(utcNow('dd/MM/yyyy'),0,'dd/MM/yyyy')
addDays(utcNow('dd/MM/yyyy'),8,'dd/MM/yyyy')

Idea is to take current date and get the start date and due date which is 8 days from start date.

That didnt work

I also tried following 

addDays('1900-01-01',float(item()['Starting Date']),'yyyy-MM-dd')
addDays('1900-01-01',int(item()['Due Date Time']),'dd-MM-yyyy')

and then did with empty columns in excel

concat(formatDateTime('Starting Date Time','yyyy-MM-dd'),'T00:00:00Z')
concat(formatDateTime('Due Date Time','yyyy-MM-dd'),'T00:00:00Z')

I am also attaching my flow. Is there a way to make this happen 

Error1.JPG

johnabrahambio

Hi @v-alzhan-msft 

Any help please ? I am trying to create in MS TEAMS

Thanks

John

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Better Together Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

Look out for new contribution recognition badges coming SOON!

firstImage

New & Improved Power Automate Community Cookbook

We've updated and improved the layout and uploading format of the Power Automate Cookbook!

thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Community Summit North America

The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,901)