cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy1989

Help me with Appovals in the same table of sharepoint

I have this problem in my current workflow im new doing it so maybe can be something easy to solve, im having this table

Roy1989_0-1657204629144.png

that includes the approval according with the type of request, i mean this must be dynamic, i should be able that anytime i start a request i could select who can approve it, more that one person as well. 

my problem started some weeks ago, with the update item. Once the request is sending the workflow needs to update the status from "new" to "in process so I added this:

Roy1989_1-1657204796349.png

Before the workflow was not requesting the  "Approver" as mandatory but some weeks ago something changed, the workflow is asking me to put something in Approvers, so like i already mentioned i need to send the approval to more than one person at the same time, i put the variable varApprovers that covers all the approvers, but it is not working with more than one approver, i dont know why, i mean before that space "approvers" was empty and it was working fine but now that is requesting something in Approvers claim i dont know what to put there. Please help me

Roy1989_3-1657205225266.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Roy1989 ,

multiple people picker fields have a specific format that you must use if you want to update them, it must be an array as explained here.

[
   { "Claims": "user1@company.com" },
   { "Claims": "user2@company.com" }
]

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
tom_riha
Super User
Super User

Hello @Roy1989 ,

multiple people picker fields have a specific format that you must use if you want to update them, it must be an array as explained here.

[
   { "Claims": "user1@company.com" },
   { "Claims": "user2@company.com" }
]

[ If I have answered your question, please Accept the post as a solution. ]
[ If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up. ]

[ I also blog about Power Automate solutions even for non-IT people. ]

Hey Tom it helps in that error, but now im getting an error for the next step, let me explain that before this change you suggested in the article I was using select, join and set variable, to get the email addresses separeted by a ";" now i can not get that, i mean i tried again to use select but let me put some pictures here so it can be more clear

this was my previous workflow, before the suggestion you made, and yeah i got an error when i tried to put more than one dynamic approver. As you can see i used select to get the email address. But once I made the changes i needed to use select before i got the email due to the process you show me.

Roy1989_1-1657231429843.png

So with the suggestion it passed the update step now how can i get the email approvals 

Roy1989_0-1657231136812.png

im trying to do it this way but is not working

Roy1989_2-1657231629727.png

Roy1989_3-1657231701500.png

Let me know if i explained myself correctly and thank you very much for your support.

it just send the email to one person even if im writing 2 approvals in sharepoint.

Roy1989

never mind it works now, thank you!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Automate News & Announcements

Power Automate News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Automate community.

Community Calls Conversations

Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Automate Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,746)