Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
issac_franklin
Helper I
Helper I

Help needed...! Embed attachments to email body

Hello All,

I am building a flow which will send a weekly report of alerts we have received from Google and VisualPing (Monitoring changes in website) merging all the emails into one single email.

I have managed to merge the google emails with help from the community here. Currently I am stuck in processing the attachments from Visual Ping into the email body.

Situation : 

I will receive two attachments with name(original.png and compare.png) in the every email for each website I am tracking. 

Now I want to add the content in below way.

Name of the website (It's available in Email body)

Before                                                                           After

original.png                                                                  compare.png

Your help is really appreciated...!

Below is the current setup I have.

issac_franklin_0-1655291003529.png

7 REPLIES 7
fchopo
Super User
Super User

Hi @issac_franklin 

You can embed images into an email using base64 encoding. You could do something like this:

email-base64.png

Have a look at this excellent post by @Paulie78 on how to deal with images in emails with Power Automate: How to embed an image into an email with Power Automate (tachytelic.net)

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
issac_franklin
Helper I
Helper I

hey @fchopo 

Thank you for your reply.

I tried the method you have suggested but ended with content like the below in email body. (I have snipped only small part of it)

issac_franklin_0-1655476492083.png

Here is my flow :

issac_franklin_1-1655476728562.png

issac_franklin_2-1655476754802.png

Can you advise ?

Hi! Try to look at the source code of your email in HTML format (click on the "</>" icon in the top bar).

Hope it helps!

Ferran

Did I answer your question? Please consider to mark my post as a solution to help others.
Proud to be a Flownaut!
issac_franklin
Helper I
Helper I

@fchopo  I didn't quite understand where I can exactly find "</>". Can you help me ?

fchopo
Super User
Super User

html-email.png

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Hi @fchopo

I tried checking on that,  Below is what I found.

issac_franklin_0-1655725822183.png

Do you know any reason why 

fchopo
Super User
Super User

Honestly, at that point I don't know how can I help you.

Please, have a look at the article I mentioned How to embed an image into an email with Power Automate (tachytelic.net)

and try to adapt it on your flow.

Regards,

Ferran

Proud to be a Flownaut!

Helpful resources

Announcements
 WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Register for a Free Workshop.png

Register for a Free Workshop

Learn to digitize and optimize business processes and connect all your applications to share data in real time.

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (2,331)