cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Help needed Flow failing due to 'Null' value

HI All

Could some one help me with a Compose expression?

 

I have a flow that is creating a dynamic HTML based on a sharepoint list item but when i trigger my flow it is saying that the item i am composing is NULL when i has a entry in it.

My expression is this

replace(outputs('Compose_assess_number'), '{damage}',body('Get_item')?['adjust_backplate']?['Value'])
 
but the flow run error message is

 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_crit1' inputs at line '1' and column '2778': 'The template language function 'replace' expects its third parameter 'new string' to be a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#replace for usage details.'.

 

Any help appreciated

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After googling intensely i have at last come across the issue.

The original sharepoint list was made from duplicating a previous one so the columns have been renamed and you have to use the original internal sharepoint column name..

 

Just to help people 

If you have this issue then click your sharepoint list options to list view

Hover over the column name and you will see the original column name.

 

i used this and it works fine.

 

Gary

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User III
Super User III

@gazzo1967 

Have you taken a look at the output of the Get item action in your Flow?  Does it confirm that there is a value in the adjust backplate choice column?

 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ScottShearer 

Hi Scott

Yes i did check the outputs on my test from Get Item and the field is populated correctly

 

Gary

gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After googling intensely i have at last come across the issue.

The original sharepoint list was made from duplicating a previous one so the columns have been renamed and you have to use the original internal sharepoint column name..

 

Just to help people 

If you have this issue then click your sharepoint list options to list view

Hover over the column name and you will see the original column name.

 

i used this and it works fine.

 

Gary

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MSFTBizAppsLaunchEvent

Experience what’s next for Power Virtual Agents

See the latest Power Automate innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Users online (52,484)