cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Help needed Flow failing due to 'Null' value

HI All

Could some one help me with a Compose expression?

 

I have a flow that is creating a dynamic HTML based on a sharepoint list item but when i trigger my flow it is saying that the item i am composing is NULL when i has a entry in it.

My expression is this

replace(outputs('Compose_assess_number'), '{damage}',body('Get_item')?['adjust_backplate']?['Value'])
 
but the flow run error message is

 

InvalidTemplate. Unable to process template language expressions in action 'Compose_crit1' inputs at line '1' and column '2778': 'The template language function 'replace' expects its third parameter 'new string' to be a string. The provided value is of type 'Null'. Please see https://aka.ms/logicexpressions#replace for usage details.'.

 

Any help appreciated

Gary

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After googling intensely i have at last come across the issue.

The original sharepoint list was made from duplicating a previous one so the columns have been renamed and you have to use the original internal sharepoint column name..

 

Just to help people 

If you have this issue then click your sharepoint list options to list view

Hover over the column name and you will see the original column name.

 

i used this and it works fine.

 

Gary

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ScottShearer
Super User
Super User

@gazzo1967 

Have you taken a look at the output of the Get item action in your Flow?  Does it confirm that there is a value in the adjust backplate choice column?

 

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Scott
gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@ScottShearer 

Hi Scott

Yes i did check the outputs on my test from Get Item and the field is populated correctly

 

Gary

gazzo1967
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

After googling intensely i have at last come across the issue.

The original sharepoint list was made from duplicating a previous one so the columns have been renamed and you have to use the original internal sharepoint column name..

 

Just to help people 

If you have this issue then click your sharepoint list options to list view

Hover over the column name and you will see the original column name.

 

i used this and it works fine.

 

Gary

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,494)