cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Help needed for automatic List Item changes

Hi all, I am currently trying to build a list that tracks faults.

I believe flow will provide the solution (but feel free to point me to a better solution). The issue I have is that i would like the list to automatically update a 'date and time closed' item when the status is set to 'closed'.

My trial and error approach has come up with no luck, it could be that it makes no sense or needs a small tweak. i have attached a No authorisation is needed, nobody needs to be updated, just an auto populate field.

FLOW.png

Look forward to seeing the responses. Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Help needed for automatic List Item changes

Hi @BenP ,

Please refer to the screen shot I provided in my first post.

When the Condition returns false, which means that the trigger item doesn’t match the condition.

1.PNG

In the action Update item, select dynamic content ID from the previous action/trigger, and don’t manually enter any other text.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel  

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenP ,

Do you want to update a filed with certain value when the corresponding status is changed to “Closed”?

Before we start the flow, we should know that trigger When an item is created or modified will be going to an infinite loop if it followed by action Update item.

To stop the infinite loop, we could consider using a Condition.

For your scenario, you could set up the flow likes below.

After the trigger, add a Condition with two situations, when the status value is equal to Closed, and the Closed field is empty. If yes, update the item, if no, do nothing.

The function used in the Condition is:

empty(triggerBody()?['Closed']) is equal to True

An image for your reference.

1.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the response but it seemed to fail again. The Input expression result is returning false.

I can confirm I would like an update field and have it update the same ID in a different area, in this case 'fault status: closed' to 'Closed: Date & time'

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenP ,

Please show me the function you’ve inputted in the field.

If possible, please share a screenshot on your current flow.

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Of course, please see below.

To confirm dynamic content and expressions used; in order:

Fault status: Trigger body()?['Fault_x0020_status']?['Value']

empty(triggerBody()?['Closed'])

Fault reference: Trigger body()?['ID']
Title: Trigger body()?['Title']
Start Time: Trigger body()?['Start_x0020_time']
Trigger body()?['Closed']
utcNow(0)

However the condition is fals and therefore doesnt get to 'If Yes'.

Thanks for the continued support, it is much appreciated, i look forward to the response.

FLOW.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenP ,

What’s the error message you’ve got?

About ID field, you are using dynamic content Fault Reference, it should be the dynamic content ID from the trigger. Did you rename the ID to Fault Reference?

About Closed field, you are using dynamic content Closed and function utcnow(). The function you are using is utcnow(0), which is not correct. Please try with:

utcnow('yyyy-MM-dd')

Best regards,

Mabel

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I have renamed the ID to fault reference.

I've also made the advised changes.

The message i am receiving is shown in the screen shot below. Not sure why as the list displays the log as 'Active'. I've run the test as trigger action myself and no change.

Condition False.png

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenP ,

From the screen shot, the trigger item doesn’t meet the condition, so it returns false.

Please make sure the trigger item meets both the two conditions, Fault status is equal to ‘Closed’, and column Closed is empty.

Best regards,

Mabel  

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Sorry i don't fully understand. Would you be able to advise on how you would set up the desired flow? I am new to the tool and an example would be really useful.

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @BenP ,

Please refer to the screen shot I provided in my first post.

When the Condition returns false, which means that the trigger item doesn’t match the condition.

1.PNG

In the action Update item, select dynamic content ID from the previous action/trigger, and don’t manually enter any other text.

2.PNG

Best regards,

Mabel  

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,606)