cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jpak004
Level: Powered On

Help needed trying to create multiple conditions flow (Forms --> SharePoint List)

Hi,

I've been going around in circles trying to create a flow to help me populate a SharePoint list from output from a Microsoft Forms the way I want it to.

This is my scenario: I've created a Microsoft Form where users can fill out for inquiries on certain subjects they are having an issue with. The complexity lies in 2 parts: 1) Users can select multiple subjects in their response; and 2) For each subject, there is 1 point of contact. Within my SharePoint list, I have a column titled 'Assigned To' which I want populated with the point of contact based on the inquiry -- but I don't know how to populate if there is a response where a user has selected multiple subjects. With one it's quite easy and I could just do a Switch case, but when it's multiple subjects, I can't do that -- and doing a nested condition seems like it would get overly complex based on the potential combinations I would need to create to address.

Any thoughts on how I could solve for this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Help needed trying to create multiple conditions flow (Forms --> SharePoint List)

@jpak004 wrote:

With one it's quite easy and I could just do a Switch case, but when it's multiple subjects, I can't do that -- and doing a nested condition seems like it would get overly complex based on the potential combinations I would need to create to address.

Unfortunately, the logic for mutliple selections only really works if you use nested conditions. If that is more than you'd like to do, you may want to rethink our form design to help alleviate the need for nested conditions. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Super User
Super User

Re: Help needed trying to create multiple conditions flow (Forms --> SharePoint List)

@jpak004 wrote:

With one it's quite easy and I could just do a Switch case, but when it's multiple subjects, I can't do that -- and doing a nested condition seems like it would get overly complex based on the potential combinations I would need to create to address.

Unfortunately, the logic for mutliple selections only really works if you use nested conditions. If that is more than you'd like to do, you may want to rethink our form design to help alleviate the need for nested conditions. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,902)