cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
LeVraiRoiDHyrul
Level: Powered On

Help request for creating my first Flow (new user)

Hello.

(sorry for the bad English, I'm French)

I never used Microsoft Flow, I’d like to learn how to use it. I’ll need it for something a little peculiar. Here’s what I’d like to do:

When a file is created or moved to the OneDrive business " Films " folder:

If this file has the extension . mkv or . mp4 or . avi:

Send a WordPress post in the " Films " page whose title is [folder name upstream of file . mkv]

The content of the post must contain:
-the image in the same folder as the file
-the contents of the . txt file in the same folder as the file

How could I do that?

Thank you in advance for your help.
VM

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Help request for creating my first Flow (new user)

Hi @LeVraiRoiDHyrul ,

You could try to use Create post action to do some test. It seems that your requirements need to integrate the contents of the image and the txt file into Content field, which seems to be infeasible.

I did a test on my side, and Content field seems to only fill the text.

In addition, you mentioned that sending a post on a specified page is also unconfigurable.

For the configuration of OneDrive for Business section, you could refer to the screenshot below and use the file name to determine the file type, as below:

42.PNG43.PNG

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
LeVraiRoiDHyrul

Hi @v-bacao-msft ,

(sorry if bad english)

Thanks A LOT for your answer. It's very complete and I understood new things in Flow.

But I've got some questions :

1 . Does the "When a file is created" OneDrive business trigger works only when a file is created in the specific folder or does it also work when a file already on OneDrive is moved to that folder ?

2 . What are the differences between those 4 triggers ? (Sorry, I use the french version)

{B33AD095-617F-403C-AC47-8A0A71FF9930}.png.jpg

3 . Is it possible to embed a OneDrive business video into WordPress and stream it in WordPress ? I didn't find any answer on the Internet.

4 . I always upload new movie folders that way, all my folders are on that structure : (I will re-explain what I'm trying to achieve in a better way than in my original post, I was not very clear sorry)

{FF07CB9F-FF56-4E00-A654-E57C24EB1B83}.png.jpg

Every time, there is the movie (mkv or mp4 or avi) + the .nfo file (all info from the video file) + the movie poster + the movie banner.

What I would like to do is to post a WordPress post every time a video file is uploaded or moved in "Films". (there is no need to make Flow recognize if there is the good file structures, it would be too difficult).

Every time this happen, here is what I would like to be done automatically on WordPress :

- Site ID : FilmoPif

- Page in the website : Films (I didn't see any setting to choose the destination in the website in the WordPress action in Flow)

- Title of the post : the name of the folder if possible (here : Inception (2010)) or the name of the file if it's not possible (It's not a problem if the media tags in the file name are sent in the WordPress post name too).

- Content of the post :

[video file name] just got published !

[OneDrive share link to the file or foler]  <== I'm not sure if Flow can get the OneDrive share link...

[movie poster from the folder] <== again, I'm not sure if Flow can include a image file in a WordPress post from OneDrive...

[content of the .nfo file]

I know that what I'm trying to achieve is very complicated, and I don't know how to use Flow yet (however, I know how to use IFTTT). The goal that I'm describing to you would be the perfect thing I would like to do, but it does not have to be perfect. I don't want to make you waste your time helping me too much. I don't expect anything. Any help is welcome !

Thanks in advance for your help

VM

LeVraiRoiDHyrul

Can someone help me please ?

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Flow Online Conference

Join us for a FULL day of FREE Microsoft Flow Sessions from some of the best minds in the industry!

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

thirdImage

New Flow Community Board!

Check out the new Microsoft Flow Community Blog Topic Suggestion board!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 63 members 3,930 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: