cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vikaschandra93
Level: Power Up

Help required in Flow Approval

Dear All,

Need urgent help. I am planning to build a FLOW in which after every hour the approval mail is send (We have only one approver) with list of Excel rows with a particulat column(Send for Approval) marked "YES". I need to send only one mail with list of items which are send for approvals and if they are approved, delete those rows and paste in in other sheet in same excel file.

Below is the table which is updated by people:

ZoneNameMonthItemQtyCommentSend to Approval
NorthVikasAug-19Pen10Need by tomorrowYes
SouthShamAug-19Pencil1Pls approveYes

For example I need to store an excel with above table in a onedrive. After every hour wherever the Send to Approval column is "Yes", an auto mail must be triggered to approver with above table which he/she can approve, Once approved, the above two rows must be deleted from this sheet and pasted in other sheet in same workbook.

Also the time at which rach row is added and time at which is approved must be reflected in the copied rows.

Please help on how can I build a flow?

Thansk in advance for your help.

When

5 REPLIES 5
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Help required in Flow Approval

Hi @vikaschandra93 

Please refer to the screenshots below: E1.PNG

E2.PNG

E3.PNG

Carefully note the table names (table1 and table 2) while listing the table and then adding a row and then deleting the row. 

Note that you need to have the tables set up properly in the excel sheet for this to work. I am using the odata filter query for getting the rows only where the Column1 eq 'Yes'. replace the Column1 with your column name and ensure that there are no spaces or special characters in the column name in the excel table.

Most important, click on the ... on apply to each and then in the settings, turn on concurrency. this will not make the flow wait for a particular responder. 

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
vikaschandra93

@yashag2255  Many thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately its not working. Can you please help with below points?

1. I would like to send only one mail to approval and the mail body must mention the list of rows where the Column: "Send for Approval" is set to yes

2. Post the approver accepts, all those rows must be deleted from that table and pasted in different table

For ex:

The mail body to Approval must be:

"Dear approver,

Following table is added in the sharedrive. Please review and Approve:

ZoneNameMonthItemQtyComment
NorthVikasAug-19Pen10Need by tomorrow
SouthShamAug-19Pencil1Pls approve

Thanks"

Please help if there is a way to do that

KMac1980
Level: Powered On

In the For each loop for the excel, instead of having the approval email in there, you should have an have a condition that says "If x colum=Send for Approvals, add to XVariable. " 

Basically you need to grab each line, then grab all items for approval and append each item to the variable then it will send 1 email for ALL of those items to be approved at once. You wouldn't be able to have individual approvals in one email.

What would you want to happen if that approver agreed with 8 out of 10 f the items? @vikaschandra93 

vikaschandra93

@KMac1980 Thanks. can you help with connectors or any sample article that i can refer?

I would not tike thousands of mail going to approver therefore need easier solution.

Ideally if approver can approve each line item, that would be great

Is there a simpler way I can get approval for this? A simple check option, so that approver can approve 8/10 items in mail?

KMac1980
Level: Powered On

I haven't really used Excel/OneDrive to do anything like this so i would have to do some testing. @vikaschandra93 

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 180 members 5,170 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: